ad: M2Ant-1

Band Plan Chart

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by K7FE, Jul 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K7FE

K7FE QRZ Lifetime Member #1 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

We are asked on a regular basis questions about the frequencies available for various license class holders so this HF Band Plan Chart is worth posting again. It was last posted about a year and a half ago. I keep a copy of this frequency chart in my car.

There are questions on the exam related to this, so for those of you who plan on upgrading your license, review this chart.

Down load this HF band plan chart for the USA. The chart is the creation of Dan O'Connor,KE7HLR.

http://mostgraveconcern.com/ke7hlr/hfbands/

Terry, K7FE

Last edited: Jul 13, 2008
  2. W4INF

W4INF Ham Member QRZ Page

Thx! Ive got abt 3 different band plans, but THAT one is one of the best, I downloaded it for print and use!

Thx agn!
    Andrew

3. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

Very nice site

. Thanks, Terry.

I personally find the "text only" chart (one can be found at the ARRL site) with raw numbers, instead of the graphs; I find it easier to follow at a glance.

(Actually, I copied the info from the ARRL site and made up 5x7 Note cards for my home, mobile, and club stations.)

Whatever the method, it IS important to observe band edges, and know the license class restrictions.

ADDED: The KE7HLR accesses the ARRL site for the allocation charts. The text-only version does NOT require Adobe Reader of any version. (Of concern to some without the ability to use newer versions of Acrobat.)

Last edited: Jul 13, 2008
  4. K9STH

K9STH Platinum Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

You really need the chart offered by the ARRL

http://www.arrl.org/FandES/field/regulations/Hambands_color.pdf

in addition to the chart offered by K7FE if you operate any frequencies above 29.7 MHz. The ARRL chart gives the frequency limitations per the FCC regulations contained within 47 CFR Part 97.

Glen, K9STH

5. K7FE

K7FE QRZ Lifetime Member #1 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Good point Glen.
    The chart that I posted is for HF ONLY. There are many other frequencies such as VHF and UHF available to amateur radio operators. The ARRL chart has those other frequencies listed as well as HF.

Terry, K7FE

6. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, good point.

Some of the charts offered by various manufacturers indicate that 50.0-50.100 MHz and 144.0-144.100 MHz are for EME and "weak signal," but fail to specify that at least for U.S. Amateurs, those areas are CW ONLY, (no data, no phone, nothing else) regardless of license class. And that's by FCC regulation, not by any "band plan."

7. KJ3N

KJ3N Ham Member QRZ Page

Who's the fracking genius who put the 20m SSB QRP calling frequency only 1 Khz away from the 20m AM calling frequency? :eek:

8. KR2D

KR2D Ham Member QRZ Page

Probably the same genius that put the 40m DX RTTY frequency right on top of the 40m CW QRP frequency. And the 80m PSK31 frequency right on top of the ARRL code practice frequency (W1AW is S9 + 60dB here - at least they fixed the key clicks).

Bandplans work best when everyone, everywhere, agrees.

9. K9STH

K9STH Platinum Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Also, the ARRL uses 7290 kHz for their W1AW SSB bulletins even though they say that 7290 kHz is the AM calling frequency.

Glen, K9STH

10. W6GQ

W6GQ Swap Meet Moderator Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

And just because I think it is a GREAT feature of this forum software, I have uploaded both of them here on the Zed :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.