Audio In

Discussion in 'Working Different Modes' started by K2KHA, Aug 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. K2KHA

K2KHA Ham Member QRZ Page

I want to put audio in from my macbook pro out, to do PSK/CW through my sound card. I have ACC pin 2 (ground) and 4(modulator) in from my audio cable, but it just gives me terrible sounding crunchy audio, the only time it sounds good is when I take the ground out, but then I barely get any audio and I just have like 100mW out of the rig.

I'm monitoring it with my little grundig G5, is it possible I'm just blowing up the front end of the G5 and that's why it's sounding so terrible?

EDIT: Nope, I just got confirmation from someone else, it's crunchy and really bad.

2. G0GQK

G0GQK Ham Member QRZ Page

I assume that you have a tranceiver with an ACC1 connection on the rear and this is the place where you would attach a suitable DIN plug with the correct connections. You will need to find the correct connections in the tranceiver handbook and then proceed to connect the other end to the sound card.

g0GQK

3. KJ6EZQ

KJ6EZQ Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't know if this helps, but the way I do PSK31 is to connect the headphones out port of my radio to the input port on my MacBook. I made a custom cable that grounds the tip and shield together permanently (this is equivalent to having the TX switch in the always on position) in a stereo phone plug and set the radio in VOX mode.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.