ARRL Petitions FCC for HF Phone Privileges for Technicians

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by K4KYV, Mar 1, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
  1. WE4B

WE4B Ham Member QRZ Page

Woohoo! No more time out for me! I’m a dad. I get it. I’m blessed my daughter is following in my footsteps. She’s made friends around the world thanks to amateur radio. She knew she would have upgrade to get HF. She actually took the General exam last Saturday morning and missed by one question. She’s retesting a couple of weeks. She was crushed. I had to explain that she is not the first person to screw up and that she’s only 11. I used it as a life lesson. You have to know how to win and fail with grace and humility. She will get that General ticket next time and has grown as a person through failure. Amateur radio is an amazing thing for ANY age to get involved with. I just wish the ARRL would stop pushing EMCOMM and work on constructive ways to either get Techs to upgrade or to get a different demographic into amateur radio.

W4HM and W1YW like this.
  2. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

It took me --4-- times to pass the General (at age 11). There is a huge life lesson in not giving up, and then ultimately succeeding. But I am sure you have/are teaching her that:)

People who breeze thru things on the first try are at a real disadvantage, because when they DO encounter adversity--as we all do-- they don;t have the internal tools to push forward and keep on going.

Failure is an invitation to succeed.

WE4B likes this.
  3. AC0GT

AC0GT Ham Member QRZ Page

That it's time to bring this thread to a conclusion.

I thought this was a thread about the ARRL making a petition to the FCC, has either the FCC or ARRL been mentioned in the last 10 pages?

4. KK5JY

KK5JY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Wow, I made a poor choice of words there. ;) The discussion has obviously concluded... the subject remains unresolved pending FCC action. :oops:

The League claims to represent all of us, whether we are members or not. So we can all legitimately complain. :cool:

KR3DX and WE4B like this.
  5. KI7QVR

KI7QVR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

You make a good point. To me, 10m for a Tech is just a useless as 630m for a general.

6. W3UC

W3UC Ham Member QRZ Page

super trooper.jpg

K4KYV, AC0GT and W1YW like this.
  7. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, #1497--- but you insist that you will not talk with the ARRL, who, as stated, is the SOURCE for information on this subject.

So, other people with have friendly discussions with K1KI, for example.

8. KI7QVR

9. KI7QVR

My very first interest was 100mW walkie-talkies. Then I met some hams. But, back in the day I knew some old-timers, (in the '70s) and I loved the smell of hot tubes, (still do) and the mystery of all that code and static!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.