ARRL Petitions FCC for HF Phone Privileges for Technicians

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by K4KYV, Mar 1, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

No---

See what I mean by the demographic antagonists?

150 PAGES of questions.

Got it?

He graduated near the top of his class at Vanderbilt, was a Cornelius Vanderbilt Scholar (free merit-based ride) and a top performer at Bain as a consultant.

This guy works his buns off. He earned what he deserved. Makes (some of )you retirees look like toaster crumbs.

More likely he'd be advising the president of MacDonald's on how to fix the company.

About to become VP of a telecom company. You would recognize the name.

Guess you just object to hard working, driven people from becoming hams--is that it?

Might help if you read the posts properly.

You really made a fool of yourself OM. Your response is typical of what has previously turned him off on ham radio. He's coming to Dayton to see me get an award. Hopefully I can have him see another side of ham-dom, rather than ham-dumb.

Enjoy your golf game and Denny's early bird special.

Chip W1YW

Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
  2. KK5JY

KK5JY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Looks like you made your point, @WE4B. ;)

WE4B likes this.
  3. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

The number of pages has nothing to do with anything.

The 2018 element has 424 questions....... Got it?

WG7X likes this.
  4. K1FBI

K1FBI Ham Member QRZ Page

No Chip you made a fool of YOURSELF.
    If he was ALL THAT, you wouldn't have had to justify it with multiple paragraphs.
    And certainly he could pass a simple test that 12 year olds pass.
    IF he was all that.

Daddy bought him a pedigree but couldn't teach him to fetch a ham radio license.:rolleyes:

WG7X and KK5JY like this.
  5. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

--speechless--

With responses like this, why would ANYONE want to become a ham? You're coming across, as a cross between CB and 4th grade recess shenanigans....

6. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

No, its 150 PAGES for Tech AND GENERAL. Go to the ARRL website and see.

Accept the fact that such a volume of supposed 'knowledge'--like 'fog on 10M'-- is a turn off to young and old, bright and hard-working.

THAT's why you don't have enough new licensees to make up for the impending demographic cliff.

But hey--

(Many of you) old guys just want clones of yourself. For some reason, that is no longer happening. Guess the reasons why....

Maybe you can start running study classes at Denny's....

7. K1FBI

What ever you say Chippy Boy.

If you were worth the paper your ticket was printed on you would be capable of Elmering/mentoring that Chip off the old block of yours.

Hey, no Chip off my shoulder.

Have a nice day!

8. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Ask yourself a question: If you heard this ham calling CQ on, say, the 40M NEW Tech band---would you answer?

If you were listening to such a conversation by K1FBI, and thinking of studying for the Tech, what would YOU decide?

In defense of John, at least he isnt harassed as 'Kiek' and 'Jewboy' when he calls CQ. A typical response I get on fone. Again: ham radio's foot forward is often not an appealing one. And again, the demographic of that appears to be my own: 60 plus. Some of which want new hams to study 150 pages of often irrelevant questions. Presumably for the privilege of ...who know what? Legal CB?

BTW--Hence my move to CW. Their, I still get JULID and J3W (far less frequently), but am already re-calling CQ before they finish....

9. K1FBI

Bravo...now Elmer your genius overachieving son so he can get on the air without studying too hard.

Happy you found partial solice on CW.

Your response was a left field attempt to skirt the issue of you having a son who isn't even a Tech.

More bizarre, your totally off subject, inclusion of ethnic slurs you received on air.

Amateur Radio is also about tradition!

Tradition is passed down from generation to generation. Not the other way around.

The tests have been simplified, code has been dropped. How easy would you like your son to have it??

10. KK5JY

KK5JY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Where has anybody here treated you like that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.