ad: MultusSDR-1

ARRL Official says memorize only the answers

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KY5U, Jun 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

Et tu Brute? You need a Kleenex?

Nothing about my original post has been dis-proven. He was an ARRL official, he said what he said. He made no disclaimer. He was an ARRL examiner as well speaking on his subject matter, preparing for the test.

Personal attacks won't help you. You have lost.

2. W0DV

W0DV Ham Member QRZ Page

The prudent thing to do is to take the high road and behave like an adult. Reminds me of when my kids were teenagers. You have to choose your words carefully otherwise they will use those words against you.

3. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

Are you behaving like an adult with your last message? To act like an adult, you must put someone else down who has been nice to you? No thanks, I'd rather not.

4. NI7I

NI7I Guest

Talk about the kettle... "obviously over inflated ego"??? If I were to describe you with one phrase, that would be it.

5. N8YX

N8YX Ham Member QRZ Page

ROFLcopters inbound.

6. WR5AW

WR5AW Ham Member QRZ Page

Along with a 1,000 word essay on why ROFLcopters are illegal. :cool:

7. KB1SF

KB1SF Ham Member QRZ Page

Gentlemen....Gentlemen......

Nothing is to be gained from continuing to throw such brick-bats at each other! And I'll be the first to admit that my own comments have sometimes been out of line to the point of being "boorish"...for which I now humbly apologize.

It is painfully obvious that we have a deep, fundamental disagreement on the regulatory basis and purpose of our Service as it's currently administered in the United States. What's more, most of us have now said our piece on this issue not once, but several times.

Indeed, all that our collective blather and catcalls back and forth are really accomplishing at this point is to simply make ourselves look like fools at the speed of light.

The bottom line here is that most (if not all) of the regulatory change that is now happening to our beloved Service is well out of any of our hands to influence, let alone change.

So, may I suggest we all simply agree to disagree?

Keith
    KB1SF / VA3KSF

Last edited: Aug 20, 2009
  8. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

We're here. Quit if you like.

9. W6GQ

W6GQ Swap Meet Moderator Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

10. AB8RO

AB8RO Ham Member QRZ Page

Tower Tower, this is ROFL2, collision imminent...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.