ARRL July Board Meeting Minutes Posted

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by NN4RH, Aug 12, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
  1. W9BRD

W9BRD Ham Member QRZ Page

Such lousy food and what small portions.

W4NNF and N2EY like this.
  2. N2RJ

N2RJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Hmm. Nah. The idea is to save in taxes and operating costs which won’t happen in California.

N2EY likes this.
  3. N2RJ

N2RJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Even if we did move HQ, the Maxim Memorial station would likely stay where it is.

The Delaware move was purely for incorporation. This was part of the agenda for the executive committee meeting but never discussed as other matters took priority.

KJ4VTH likes this.
  4. N2RJ

N2RJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Things move slowly. I’m not sure what will be removed yet but the censure is now history.

The idea is that we wanted to put this sorry episode well behind us and start back down the road to restoring faith in us by our members and donors.

5. N2RJ

N2RJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Nobody from the Board has editorial input on their own. Especially not those up for election in the current cycle. I believe that is in the bylaws.

This article was drafted by editorial staff. It was not approved by the Board.

Rescinding the censure had majority support in the Board room. In fact, when the SE director made a motion to table the censure for the next day, it was shot down 9-7.

There’s no conspiracy here, other than maybe trying to avoid having to deal with editing yet another article in the website content management system.

For what it’s worth - the SW Div director did not want the censure rescinded.

6. N2EY

N2EY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

He had a hat.

7. K8BZ

K8BZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you Ria for your input. I for one made a lot of noise to a lot people when I heard about the censure and how it came about. I appreciate what you and the other board members did to correct the situation. I will consider this matter closed now. But I will be paying attention and will speak up to my director (and and elsewhere) if I have concerns in the future. Thanks again.

8. W2AI

W2AI QRZ Lifetime Member #240 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

9. KD8DEY

KD8DEY Ham Member QRZ Page

If They (ARRL) wanted to save a few bux, and add more moolah to the reserve coffers for lean times, They could sell off a bunch of the more
    desirable for development locations.

Then build a new H.Q. on top of some reclaimed dump land somewhere out in the Midwest.
    Just Contact Rumpke for available locations ready to build..
    If worse comes to worse, They will already be in the Dumps...
    https://www.constructiondive.com/ne...s-are-turning-dumps-into-new-developm/421988/

10. W2AI

W2AI QRZ Lifetime Member #240 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

It's only a hobby and not a way of life, Ria. Nothing worth arguing about which often leads to personal attacks on these forums and in radio clubs. Potential hams and newcomers get turned off to amateur radio when they either are the target of personal attacks or witness it in person or on-line. That's human nature.

ARRL has its purpose-- to represent the some odd 160,000 members of which I am one. I don't necessary agree with everything the League says and does. However; as with any other organization--it does have its fair share of personality clashes which can lead to further unpleasant events.