ad: vanity

ARRL July Board Meeting Minutes Posted

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by NN4RH, Aug 12, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K6CPO

K6CPO Ham Member QRZ Page

I found the In 'n Out burgers to be just another fast food burger. Pretty much the same as everyone else's. If I want good burgers, I grill them myself.

KS4W, KD8DEY, W3ATV and 2 others like this.
  2. K6CPO

K6CPO Ham Member QRZ Page

There's a very good reason why the league's membership is declining and it's not all their fault. We, as hams, have to take some of the blame. How many people come in, take and pass the Technician exam and walk out the door never to be seen again? There's no follow-up on the part of the VE teams or clubs to make contact with the new ham and help them get started in the hobby.

Here in San Diego, the ARES group conducts a monthly "Gateway Communicator Class" where they conduct small group training in basic HT operation and repeater use. My particular VE team passes out flyers on this class to all new Technicians and we have a supply of club brochures on the table for people to take. We, as hams, need to do more of this nationwide.

K0UO and W5TTP like this.
  3. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

In 'n out sounds more like a gastric disturbance than a meal.

To my sensibilities at least.

KS4W, KD8DEY, N2EY and 2 others like this.
  4. K8BZ

K8BZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Still no big rush by ARRL to "expunge all records of such public censure from it's files." There is no mention of the undoing of the censure on ARRL's main page and additionally, I will not consider this matter closed until this link points to a dead end:

http://www.arrl.org/files/file/2017...ial Board Meeting ARRL Board of Directors.pdf

5. NN4RH

NN4RH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

There is. Although the news item title it's under doesn't have anything to do with it. I found it by accident.

ARRL Board Pledges to Oppose French Proposal for 2 Meters

Scroll down to the last paragraph.

Not the first time the ARRL web page has had rather strange editing; almost as if someone were trying to bury the information.

K8BZ likes this.
  6. WU8Y

WU8Y Ham Member QRZ Page

Coup plotters can't stand the sunlight.

7. K8BZ

K8BZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for finding this and for the mention here. I never would have read all the contents of that heading and would never have seen it.

I sent an email to HQ and CC to my Div Director Dale Williams, WA8EFK who co-seconded the motion to rescind the censure. I expressed my concern about the loose ends that still need tied up to close this issue. I also mentioned that unless Mr. Norton desired otherwise, I would expect the announcement of the rescission of the censure to be at least as public as the original announcement of the censure, which was on the ARRL home page under its own heading. Something that the posting you referenced is lacking.

Mr. Williams responded quickly and advised that the minutes of this meeting were just approved last Monday and that steps are underway to wrap up the requirements of the motion to rescind the censure. I am satisfied with that response for now. But I will be watching for the completion of the process.

8. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

Bury it? No. I think that the opposition to the threat to 2 meters was simply the most important matter dealt with.

Even so, that headline could have been written a little better to indicate that the article also dealt with other matters, including the censure.

9. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

Actually, most of the people who were for the censure aren’t there anymore.

Your comment may imply to some that those who were for the censure are now trying to hide the word about it being rescinded, which I do not believe is the case.

Give the new Board a chance. Things don’t change overnight, or at the snap of fingers (unless you’re Thanos, of course). Knowing a few of the people now on the Board, I think the League will be in a much better place... once it gets there... so to speak.

N2EY likes this.
  10. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Man, get with the Zed way of thinking:

Zedder #1: "The League is offering the ability to walk on water with every membership!"

Zedder#2: "Those rascals are just tryin' to put the cruise ship industry out of business!"

;)

N2EY and KJ4VTH like this.