ad: ProAudio-1

ARRL July Board Meeting Minutes Posted

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by NN4RH, Aug 12, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

Don't see anything about moving to Delaware. Can you provide a link?

2. W0AEW

W0AEW Ham Member QRZ Page

Penwell, tx. Google Earth
    ARRL could probably get a building at a very reasonable cost with enough room for antennas by moving to Penwell, TX. Stroll around. Ham paradise!

3. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

Everything considered, I either agreed with or was neutral about the agenda/discussions/motions/ect. except for one single motion/vote.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  4. NN4RH

NN4RH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I don’t see that in the July board minutes.

It was briefly mentioned in the May executive committee meeting minutes but was tabled until fall

5. N2RJ

N2RJ Ham Member QRZ Page

That was studied by the EC but they never really got around to thoroughly studying it.

And yes, it's just incorporation. HQ moving out of CT is a separate thing that may or may not eventually happen.

KJ4VTH likes this.
  6. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Subscriber QRZ Page

I think ARRL HQ should move to San Diego! Not only would all the staff LOVE IT during the Winter, (where it is ALWAYS warm and Sunny, and without the Humidity you get in Florida) I could volunteer daily at HQ. I am sure the folks at ARRL would love to live in San Diego! Unlike LA, we do have some traffic, but not on the HAIR TEARING SCALE Los Angelus does. Crime is much lower. And even a better way of life in many ways. Housing would be probably comparable to the Pricey CT real estate.
    But Best of ALL, HQ staff could eat IN&OUT Burgers every day for Lunch!

7. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Subscriber QRZ Page

There is so much demand for IN&OUT, there are 2 locations in El Cajon 2 blocks apart!!
    (they might miss White Castle though!)

8. K8BZ

K8BZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Part of the resolution that was passed read:

(3) Other than the Board Minutes containing this Resolution and the published public notice on the ARRL website of the rescission of the censure, the ARRL is directed to expunge all records of such public censure from its files.

Possibly they feel the publications of the minutes counts as "public notice on the ARRL website". I'm thinking that the public notice should be at least as public as the censure notice. When I search Dick's call sign on the ARRL website the first thing on the resulting list is the announcement of his censure. He deserves better. And so do we.

NL7W and N0TZU like this.
  9. KE5ES

KE5ES Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

AND... They could help with the earthquakes, mudslides, wildfires, riots, and HOA restrictions on their housing. Central USA where it would be easier for people to visit. Kansas has some flat land that would have line of sight from the Rockies to the Smokeys.

10. K6CLS

K6CLS Ham Member QRZ Page

Pat, is there a Waffle House nearby?