ad: MLSons-1

ARRL Hudson Division webinar recording

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W0PV, Feb 13, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. K8BZ

K8BZ Ham Member QRZ Page

N6AA is exactly the kind of person we on the BOD. Is there a video anywhere of the presentation he gave that he was censured for? I would love to see that also.

2. W4HM

W4HM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

For me personally his horrible behavior is just stunning. It might be time to install metal detectors at every entrance to every ARRL building(s).:eek:

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
    KA0HCP likes this.
  3. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks Bob.

Important to have your thoughts in this.

Chip W1YW

4. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Words you should never hear when a director describes a prior boarding meeting:

-- eviscerated
    --excoriated
    --defenestrated
    --asphyxiated

5. KB1PA

KB1PA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

well, since in a disaster zone, a responders Family and property security and safety are primary, the locals will probably not be available immediately after an event, there needs to be mutual aid from outside the immediate area. This is how the Red Cross functions. Its how Amateur immediate response to an event SHOULD function. There should be properly trained, equipped teams that have credentials approved and recognized by the local gendarmes, so travel is not a problem.

In place hams have a role, but only after they can respond without worrying about their family or property. In place hams can provide local ground truth to the authorities. But they have to have
    functional home based emergency powered stations and useable antennas.

6. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Well no:)

KK4DCX is a great example: no power or antenna at his PR home, so he walked down the road and set up shop at the AM radio station (which was down); threw up a 20M dipole; tapped onto their generator; and sent 4000+ H&W and ECOMM traffic:)

7. KB1PA

KB1PA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

It was not at his home, but it is in the true spirit of Amateur Radio operators ability to improvise and
    use whatever is at hand. Did he bring his amateur radio set with him, or did he use the AM stations transmitter?

8. W0PV

W0PV Ham Member QRZ Page

Herb KK4DCX is a shining role model of a great SSB radio op. It's a shame he didn't get more accolades through ARRL media. But, he wasn't a member of the Faux O'Fiddy.

Here is an audio clip of him passing traffic to K2PAA. Listen to the crisp diction and use of phonetics. Calm and steady. Thousands of messages passed through horribly low SNR HF propagation, sooner and reportedly with a higher overall throughput rate, then realized with the later deployed digi modes / Winlink.

https://vocaroo.com/i/s0FVWdg9wREW

73, John, WØPV

9. KN6SD

KN6SD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

My gut feeling about ARPA is it will be more of a success than a failure... That's if it can get passed.....

KC8VWM likes this.
  10. K3LI

K3LI Ham Member QRZ Page

The guy is a useless jerk. Combative, disruptive, elitist, self absorbed, I know more than you. He should be tossed out on his useless rear along with the entire ARRL board.

11. W2SFD

W2SFD Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for posting. I was unable to attend the session. I did ask Mike if there would be an archive. He was not certain, but anyone didn't think anyone would want to listen to an audio file. Well, he was certainly wrong, especially since I am represented by him and concerned with the recent happenings.

I don't see some of the things happening that Mike is accused of, other than a condescending tone. If he does not like the downside of leadership then he should get out. Comparing the ARRL conduct with it's members as similar to his union, and the national level of corporations is laughable. The BOD should not be working for the corporation, but the MEMBERS. Without us, there is no ARRL, well, at least there should be no ARRL without members. However, it seems they are not a focused on membership as they should be. The declining numbers speak volumes.

I did get the sense that if you disagree with Mike, it becomes personal for him. I may be wrong, but he comes across that way when blowing off at least one person. Consenting opinion offers positive outcomes many times. Leaders are not always right.

12. N4QX

N4QX Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Is it inexcusable schadenfreude to rhetorically ask "Who's dead wood now?" Asking for a friend.

WJ4U likes this.