ad: KF7PMW-1

ARRL gives eastern PA Section Manager the boot

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KC4YLV, Jun 21, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. N3AWS

N3AWS Ham Member QRZ Page

But it sits at the post office undelivered and Ames doesn't get paid...

2. K4PIH

K4PIH Ham Member QRZ Page

Hey! We got a patent on that in the Baptist church, we gonna sue!

3. K0RGR

K0RGR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I had my own run in over MOU's, and all I can really say is "never again".

I can't blame it on the league, either. I thought I had cleared it with everybody prior to signing anything, but afterward, people under me were afraid that another organization would violate 'chain of command' rules and bypass our leadership. I'm not a lawyer - I guess it's not safe to write any kind of plan these days without a lawyer present. So, eventually, I was instructed to cancel the agreement, which I did.

I think this is the peril of living in a highly litigious society. One lawsuit against the League because some well-meaning person opened a door for some ambulance chaser to step in and sue, because ARRL failed to provide needed communications in a disaster as they had 'agreed' to do in writing, is too much of a legal exposure. One such suit could destroy the League entirely.

WA8FOZ likes this.
  4. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

As a past NTS and AFMARS traffic handler I agree and both have been a dinosaur for years.

5. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, all I can (constructively) add is this...

In a dispute of this nature between two parties, there are three sides:
    Party #1's version
    Party #2's version
    The truth. Which can match or closely match either version, but is usually somewhere in between... And sometimes is something else entirely.

ARRL has published their stance.
    W3JY has published his.

What actually happened? What is the "truth"? We don't know, as we have insufficient data. We may never know.

KY5U and WR2E like this.
  6. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

Ahhh, but we all can kneel in the church of Newington, and pray over it. Then you can tithe so they can offer up to the church elders a gift for them to lay hands upon. Don't forget Fellowship Weekend (aka Field Day) is coming.

K4PIH likes this.
  7. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

The July issue of QST has a large section listing all those donors worth mentioning.

KC9UDX likes this.
  8. K0IDT

K0IDT Ham Member QRZ Page

9. K5FH

K5FH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Don't know about churches, but that does sound suspiciously like a now-moribund Amateur Radio club I was once a member of...

10. AL7N

AL7N Ham Member QRZ Page