ad: Ebabel-1

ARRL email

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by NI7I, Jan 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-gcopper
ad: L-rfparts
ad: l-innov
ad: l-rl
ad: l-Waters
  1. NI7I

NI7I Ham Member QRZ Page

I just sent myself 2 emails through my ARRL email acount.. used both .com and .org This has been several hours ago and I still havent recieved either of them.. I used lower case. Does anybody know if these addresses are case sensitive? I should have known they wouldnt work.

2. KI6LYN

KI6LYN Ham Member QRZ Page

arrl e-mail

It's supposed to be use it all the time.Good luck. ki6lyn
  3. KC0W

KC0W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

My AMSAT email address used to take 8 - 14 hours for it to show up, if at all.............Wait it out some more?

Tom KC├śW
  4. W4PG

W4PG Super Moderator Staff Member QRZ Page

If the other poster wasn't clear, your ARRL address is your call @ ARRL.NET, not com or org. And if I remember correctly, you have to modify your settings on the ARRL site to use the forwarding email service. It's not automatically engaged just because you are a member.

5. KC0W

KC0W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Last edited: Jan 3, 2010
  6. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Maybe the other NI7I is busy and can't respond to the email sent right now?

I bet it's a server glitch issue. It will probably resolve itself in a few hours. I have also seen this occur before with email systems because some places do "server maintenace" and backups on weekends for some apparent reason.
  7. NI7I

NI7I Ham Member QRZ Page

Nope.. just a brain cell glitch on my part.. Hate it when I expose both my ignorance and my stupidity.. ow well, I'll try to pawn this off on old age.. that works sometimes and with some people..

8. NI7I

NI7I Ham Member QRZ Page

Used that one and the response was almost instantanious.. Hate it when my two living brain cells argue with each other.. It would be so nice if they would just get along

9. AK4MP

AK4MP QRZ Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

HaHaHa I know the brain cell fubar thingy.

At least I can blame the Dx Helper Nanaprobes :cool:

Good luck Gentlemen.

10. W5HTW

W5HTW Ham Member QRZ Page

My brain cell is getting really tired.

11. K0CRX

K0CRX Ham Member QRZ Page

One time, I had a synapse fire and it scared me!
  12. KD0CAC

KD0CAC Ham Member QRZ Page

I listed my gmail as what to send my emails to , from ARRL .
    I tried a test from my gmail to my ARRL address , never got forwarded to gmail .
    Then tried from my hotmail , to ARRL , then it was transferred to my gmail .
    Not sure if that is how it is intended , to not forward to its self ?
  13. KM5FL

KM5FL Ham Member QRZ Page

Wouldn't it have been easier (and quicker) to write the messages on a post-it and stick 'em on your monitor screen?? :) :)

14. KB5PN

KB5PN Ham Member QRZ Page

Naaa, just from floating around on a boat all those years!!:rolleyes:
  15. NI7I

NI7I Ham Member QRZ Page

Actually the time at sea is recuperative. More than likely it's the vast quantities of rum and irish whiskey you are required to consume to maintain your status as a sailor. The union rules are very strict about this.

16. N0NB

N0NB Subscriber QRZ Page

A couple of hours ago someone up the street had one fire. It was a loud bang!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.