Are we getting new awards?

Discussion in 'QRZ Operating Awards' started by MI0NWA, Nov 3, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
  1. N2IPH

N2IPH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

2. WQ2H

WQ2H QRZ Lifetime Member #214 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Nice.

I didn't even know about it. I need to get to work ! ;)

Jim, WQ2H / WK2XAH

3. SV1PIZ

SV1PIZ Ham Member QRZ Page

New award: Master of Europe
    TNX QRZ

4. MI0NWA

MI0NWA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

5. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks. I just received it.

SV1PIZ likes this.
  6. W1REN

W1REN Ham Member QRZ Page

Just 2 days ago I received a QRZ automated email notice that I have recently qualified for a "new" award; The Friendship something or other... with congratulations.

Interestingly enough;

I do not participate in contests, have not been actively DX'ing for well over a year, I have not used my QRZ log book for over 5 1/2 years, (I found it to be non-intuitive and unreliable) and in fact have never utilized any other online or web based logbook - At All.

And still, I've suddenly qualified for a QRZ award. o_O

Although, as a long time licensed operator I certainly appreciate the gesture from QRZ, I'm not likely to pay the fee to have the "official" QRZ award certificate printed and sent to me, so that I may hang it on my shack wall. :rolleyes:

Amateur radio always has been and to this day remains - a "hobbie" to me. :)

73'

Ren

7. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

As you noted, you have not used your QRZ logbook in recent years; nevertheless it still exists. Upon analyzing the existing entries against the rules for the Friendship award, the system has noted that you qualify for the award.

There is no cost to apply for any of our online awards nor is it necessary to accept them. If accepted, the credit for having achieved it is noted on your callsign page. A printed certificate is available for purchase should one be desired, again this is totally optional.

Go to your callsign page; click on ACCOUNT on the pop up menu at your right hand callsign and scroll down to LOGBOOK OPTIONS and choose:

Show the Awards tab and badges on my callsign page?
    • Enabled
    • Disabled