Apple IIC PLUS ---

Discussion in 'Computers, Hardware, and Operating Systems' started by WA7KKP, Jun 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
  1. WA7KKP

WA7KKP Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm rekindling my interest in this little jewel again, just to keep my feet wet in Basic and 6502 programming.

Anyone out there who has/had one? I'm interested in a memory map, and other technical documentation. Libraries used to have a plethora of books on the Apple ][ but I think they've thrown most of them out to the landfills.

e-mail me at: wa7kkp /at/ gmail /dot/ com, and I'll put together a composed list of questions that make sense. If you still have books laying around looking for a new home, those would be even more appreciated.

Gary WA7KKP

2. WA7KKP

. . . guess everyone went to Macintosh's.

Gary WA7KKP

3. KA5PIU

KA5PIU Guest

4. KB3NDN

KB3NDN Ham Member QRZ Page

i actually have a few of them - never learned the mapping though...i always want to machine code a 6502... [​IMG]

5. WA7KKP

6502 machine language is the simplest around -- and extremely well documented, as most of the 8 bit machines (apple, atari, commodore) used them.

Just get an assembler/disassembler, or a ML monitor program for the computer and start looking around at the computer ROMS, and any of the programs that are loaded in ML, not Basic.

You'll soon learn LDA, STA, and the ever handy $EA -- the NOP.

Gary WA7KKP

6. KB3NDN

KB3NDN Ham Member QRZ Page

I will see if i can find my documentation - i might have your memory map somewhere amongst my vast useless collection [​IMG]

7. w3mv

w3mv Guest

Other than the stack pointer and the program counter, the 6502 processor only has three registers and limited addressing modes. If I recall correctly, the only way to indirectly address memory is via page zero using the X register for indexed indirect addressing and the Y register for indirect indexed addressing. The machine language for the processor is simple enough that an assembler is almost optional.

8. w3mv

w3mv Guest

Please tell me that you're not one of those guys who writes self-modifying code? [​IMG]

9. KA5PIU

KA5PIU Guest

Hello.

Morphing software can be fun!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.