Anyone Ever Dealt With This Guy?

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by KK3Q, Mar 11, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
  1. KK3Q

KK3Q XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I sell some radio books on a website, mostly old ARRL and the like. So this guy sends the money ( a lousy $12) and then tells PayPal he never got the book. I give free shipping for these books so I'm not going to go Priority Mail but guess I should have. Book went out on a Monday from Sumter County and USPS stated on the receipt that the book would arrive in Miami the following Wednesday.

Here's his contact information I received from PayPal:

Guillermo Sobalvarro
    7973 NW 21st ST
    20450TP1CO
    Doral, FL 33172
    United States

There is an entry on QRZ for a Guillermo Sobalvarro but that doesn't mean my buyer is the same fellow. Email address he gives is: Guillermo Sobalvarro. I realize I'll wind up eating the $12 but I hope no one else eve deals with this guy.

2. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

That looks like a mail forwarding address and he is apparently licensed in Colombia. Is it possible he meant for it to be sent to another address?

3. ON8CB

ON8CB Ham Member QRZ Page

4. KK3Q

5. KK3Q

I wondered about that with the "20450TP1CO" stuck there in the address. I've filed an appeal but I know where that will wind up. Not concerned with the money as much as having a black mark on my record. Then again it may be time to move to Google/Amazon payments. Thanks for the reply.

6. KD0CAC

KD0CAC Ham Member QRZ Page

Lets find other pay options !
    But then any organization big enough , is just more of the same bull .
    Got screwed by paypal a couple yrs. ago - looking for alternative ever since , ideas ?
    Apple iPay , Google etc. anybody have one they like ?
    Weird , kinda like yahoo groups - useless , sucks - took for ever to have alternative , still not as bug as yahoo got

7. K4VLF

K4VLF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Google Pay work well.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2019
    KK3Q likes this.
  8. W2WDX

W2WDX Subscriber QRZ Page

There is common scam where you say you didn't get something and you can get stuff for free. It doesn't matter the payment method, PayPal, Google or otherwise. They all require proof of delivery for protection, which is in all cases the sellers responsibility. Otherwise it's a "he said/ he said" situation and the money broker must side with the consumer in that case. This is why you must use a shipping method with tracking, otherwise you have to add these losses to the cost of doing business.

Consider charging for shipping. If you are not large enough to absorb these losses, you must protect yourself by charging for shipping with tracking.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2019
    KK3Q likes this.
  9. KK3Q

That's who I'm going with. PayPal gave the wrong email address to contact me with, it was an old email that wound up in a spammer package so I closed it and took it off of my PayPal account. Apparently PP did not. So the guy sends a comment to PP saying the book in 3 days yet he forgot to tell them he uses a mail forwarding service an lives in Columbia. You can't get mail across Florida in 3 days and he expected it in 3 days to Columbia? He sent me a nice email stating he received the book and I sent it to PP and they said sorry, the email is NOT proof he received it. Now they made up my mind for me to move to Google.

10. KK3Q

These books are just old radio books I bought from a SK estate here in FL, I'd already decided to add shipping to them. Books are hard to get rid of but I wanted to help the widow.