Anybody have problems with KM4UiP? I think I've been scammed!

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by KB2NYC, Jan 17, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-assoc
  1. KB2NYC

KB2NYC Ham Member QRZ Page

2. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

He just posted an ad for a Phelps Dodge 524-6 UHF duplexer and of course no photos. Ad flagged.

3. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

Why would you have to do all that?

4. K0EED

K0EED XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Folks need to be aware that using paypal you should never use your bank account to pay for transactions. Rather use a credit card. With credit cards you have additional protections outside of paypal. Any bank account tied to paypal should have nearly a zero balance in it and should be used as bascially a wash account if for some reason you need to pay for or receive payment for anything. I'd never in a million years leave an account tied to paypal with a balance of anything over 25 bucks. If your bank allows a zero balance then leave it at that.

KC0BIN, KB2NYC and KM1H like this.
  5. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

Ive had multiple bank accounts at several banks along with many Fleabay ID's. So far Ive kept ahead of the bandits since 1998 which includes Pay Pal.

KC0BIN and KB2NYC like this.
  6. AC2DW

AC2DW Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, looks like I sent money for the same item you never received. Got the I need the hold removed because I need money to ship it deal. That raised a red flag, and unfortunately I did not research the seller before that. We wlll see if I get the item or the money back. The site deletes posts for stupid stuff, but someone with an unfinished deal from months ago is still allowed on the site?

KB2NYC likes this.
  7. KB2NYC

KB2NYC Ham Member QRZ Page

Sorry for you, I did my best to warn people and got bashed for it.

8. AC2DW

No need to apologize, I almost always search out the seller and for some reason was in a rush this time and didn't. I searched after it started to seem a little fishy and landed here. Just wanted to add more content to the thread and keep it all in one place.

KB2NYC likes this.
  9. AC2DW

Well, Paypal sided with me and returned all my money. Still no response from the seller.

KB2NYC likes this.
  10. AC2DW

Yet again the item is listed for sale....

KB2NYC likes this.