Any Tone AT-778UV Mic Gain

Discussion in 'VHF/UHF - 50Mhz and Beyond' started by K5ATG, Oct 8, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. K5ATG

K5ATG Ham Member QRZ Page

I recently received an AnyTone AT-778UV as a gift. The radio works ok, and it is easy to program. One issue I have had with it is mic gain. Everyone I talk to on repeaters or simplex tells me that my signal is strong but I need to bump the mic gain up. This seems to be the only thing that I can't find to adjust. I have tried to contact AnyTone via email and phone but I have not had any luck so far.
    So if anyone knows how to adjust the mic gain or to help solve the issue please let me know.

2. K9STH

K9STH Platinum Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

It is not the microphone gain that probably needs to be adjusted. Instead, the deviation needs to be increased. There is a big difference between the two.

You need to program the transmitter for "wide band" and not "narrow band". That will increase the deviation to +/- 5 kHz instead of +/- 2.5 kHz.

Glen, K9STH

3. K5ATG

K5ATG Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank, I will try that.

4. KJ4OUB

KJ4OUB Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello guy's, quick question about the anytone 778 where computer programming is concerned. There doesn't seem to be a prolific driver for this radio to computer program this radio. I've searched "Miklor" with no luck. Is there a prolific driver from another radio that will work. Thanks for the help and direction.

5. W4EAE

W4EAE Subscriber QRZ Page

I program Retevis radios for work (you can't beat $10 a pop for a radio that will get destroyed anyway). The driver that came with the cheapo Retevis radios work just fine with my AT-D878UV.

6. KJ4OUB

KJ4OUB Ham Member QRZ Page

Ok, I will give that a shot. Thanks