ad: elecraft

Any other motorcyclists here?

Discussion in 'On the Road' started by WD4IGX, May 10, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. WW0JM

WW0JM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

20130622_155643.jpg

Here's the stable,,,,,, maybe went a little overboard. Haha.

K0UO and WD4IGX like this.
  2. K1IGS

K1IGS Ham Member QRZ Page

Niiiice..

3. NC6U

NC6U Ham Member QRZ Page

I have a 2 meter now and soon a HF radio later this summer. I ride a 2003 Road King Harley. I enjoy low power operation when possible.
    Ron

4. KC9OO

KC9OO Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm riding my 2007 Yamaha FJ1300 to Dayton. I'll be on 146.52 simplex, talking on my Yaesu FTM-10R 2m/440 dual band radio. I have PTT remoted to the left hand grip and the mic and speakers in the helmet. After years of practicing walking and chewing gum I can now ride and talk at the same time. See you at Dayton.

5. W0XX

W0XX Ham Member QRZ Page

1500 Intruder

upload_2019-5-14_5-53-28.png

6. KG5EWK

KG5EWK Ham Member QRZ Page

After hanging up the leather's and selling the 2003 Tour Glide Classic, I concentrated on work and other activities until I fell into a deal for a 1988 Yamaha Venture Royale which had been converted into a trike. I am in the process of rebuilding the frame and rear end as well as possible modifications to the fairing which is getting brittle due to age. I am planning on installing an icom 706 MK II - G and an extra battery to the trike. I am not sure if I will do radio while riding but I have joined a trike club here in the area which has at least 2 other operators in it.

7. KE0HMS

KE0HMS Ham Member QRZ Page

2005 vstar, listen in on the 2m through my speaker system or run aprs as i drive

Attached Files:

8. GW7NJM

GW7NJM Ham Member QRZ Page

hi. i did years ago, i rode a motor bike in my job,for road side rescue service. it had a pye radio on the rear. some times when i swung leg over it. i forgot about the whip. ooch. we got new triumph t 100s, and when they fitted the radios to these bikes. when you key`d the mic the engine stopped. lol.but soon sorted. never fitted any kind of radio to my own bike, just put my lid on and shut the world out.as you say get away from people. i rode all round wales uk.on my own.in the 60s. on a trident. happy days,,

please be carefull out there.

9. N2SUB

N2SUB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I've probably answered this before, but this past weekend I attended a MSF riding class....you always learn something, and everyone should do it. Anyway, one of the things they did was flash a picture of a road, usually with traffic and a lot of signs and hazards,etc. You look at it for 2 seconds, and then you have to describe and hazards, escape routes, best lane position (and why). It made me very aware of the factors I take into consideration when I make a decision while riding. If I looked away for 2 seconds,I would miss all of the visual cues that I saw in picture, and I'd be 2 seconds further down the road. I will never operate anything that can distract me from my ride. Yes, life is risky, but you can mitigate the risk.

10. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

20181224_201824.png Indian, HDs, Moto Guzzi and Hondas in my Ham Shack

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
    WD4IGX likes this.