Any NEW acquisitions recently?

Discussion in '"Boat Anchor" & Classic Equipment' started by KE0ZU, Aug 9, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
  1. KE0ZU

KE0ZU Ham Member QRZ Page

Find yourself a 4-20 Transmitter and 4-11 modulator.

click the pic

[​IMG]

2. K9STH

K9STH Platinum Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

A few weeks ago, I acquired a Heath SB-310 for $35.00. This is the SWL equivalent of the SB-300. It has the Heath modification that eliminated the 11-meter "CB" band and added the 13-meter and 15-meter bands.

SB-310-1.JPG

It didn't take much to get it restored and working.

I didn't really "need" the receiver. However, it was in an auction and I made a minor bid. No one else outbid me. As such, I acquired the receiver.

Glen, K9STH

N7BDY and K3XR like this.
  3. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

That's a great find. I have had mine for around 15-20 years. According to Electric Radio magazine, there were around 800 made.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
  4. KE4OH

KE4OH Ham Member QRZ Page

Very close, but not quite! That spinner shaft on the main tuning knob was something added. The factory knob doesn't have one.

Likewise, the spinner tuning knob shown in my avatar isn't correct either.

K4CCW and K7TRF like this.
  5. K7TRF

K7TRF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

True.

I put one of those SB-104 spinner knobs on my SB-102 as well, it's a nice addition.

6. N6UH

N6UH Ham Member QRZ Page

Couldn't walk past this as a parts radio at a recent hamfest:

sx117 2 front.jpg

The camera doesn't do justice to the yellowing which was a thick layer of tar and nicotine

sx117 2 top.jpg

The case colour was silver underneath the goo. Two applications of scrubbing bubbles on the chassis and case and it is too good to break up, so it has become yet another project!

Ian N6UH

KA0HCP and AH7I like this.
  7. KE0ZU

KE0ZU Ham Member QRZ Page

As to my earlier post, there is a Hammarlund 4-20 and 4-11 modulator in the next Schulman Auction starting on the 31st.

8. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

How do the KT-120 dimensions compare to the 6550? I have a CE 100V TX since 1965, which uses a pair at RF and just curious about interchangeability.

Carl

9. AB2YC

AB2YC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

6550 - KT120.jpg

The KT120 tubes are a bit Taller 5.125" from the bottom of the Center pin to the top of the tube.

The Data sheet is located HERE

Note: The Heaters also draw a bit more 1.6 Amps for the 6550 and 1.7 - 1.95 amps for the KT120

10. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

I just might have to get one to play with. My favorite at that power level/size is the 4D22/4D32 but I have no AB1 or AB2 audio distortion details.
    However the filament for the -32 is a substantial 6.3V @ 3.75A for a heck of a lot peak reserve.