Any NEW acquisitions recently?

Discussion in '"Boat Anchor" & Classic Equipment' started by KE0ZU, Aug 9, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. AB2YC

AB2YC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It's built on a clone of the ST-70 chassis but it's now Stainless steel and heaver gauge than the original.
    The idea was to maintain the original ST-70 look. He also makes the ST-70 for those who desire it.

2. N8FVJ

N8FVJ Ham Member QRZ Page

The best 12BH7 is RCA tall plate. RCA made two versions being short and long plate. Find a Tube in Ohio can supply RCA 12BH7 long plate much cheaper than found on eBay.

3. AG5WC

AG5WC Ham Member QRZ Page

Not a new acquisition, but I finally transmitted with my TS-520 last week. It didn't have a microphone when I bought it, and my TS-570's mic has too many pins. I bought a mint-looking Astatic D-104 on the unamplified base for a great price on Ebay, rewired it, and hit a 20m net in California the next morning!

4. N3PZZ

N3PZZ Ham Member QRZ Page

IMG_20191016_170714.jpg Picked up a free Heathkit HW 101 with matching power supply.
    It's been on the air recently.
    Has a few minor issues but, it's in very good condition for it's age.

AB2YC and KE4OH like this.
  5. HAMHOCK75

HAMHOCK75 QRZ Member

I felt very fortunate that a vintage ( late 60's, early 70's ) Yaesu FLDX400 and FRDX400 was being given away by its original owner who purchased them new when he was stationed on Okinawa. The receiver has the 2 and 6M converters, frequency discriminator, and four filters for CW, SSB, FM, and AM. Still has the clear plastic front panel protection sheets in place. I use it regularly to monitor the local 2M repeater.

The transmitter still has the original 6JS6 green label finals. They still put out full power.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
  6. K7TRF

K7TRF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Yeah, it looks like it grew a pair of ears ;)

7. N3PZZ

I'm not real familiar with Heathkit, so I don't know if the handles were standard or all black knobs were standard but for its age it's in great condition. But the more I use it, the more I'm starting to like tube sets.

8. K7TRF

K7TRF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Nope, neither the handles nor the black knobs were standard for this rig. But it doesn't really matter as long as the rig is in good shape and works.

FWIW, here's what a stock HW-101 looks like:
    [​IMG]
    The knobs are all green and fluted like the main tuning knob.

9. N8YX

N8YX Ham Member QRZ Page

Not quite a boat anchor, but I got hold of a TS-180S and VFO-180 a couple of months ago. Also got extra boards...enough to supply parts for a WARC band addition reverse-engineering effort. Kenwood offered a CK-18 kit for the extra bands, but I'm starting from scratch.

10. N3PZZ

Thanks for the update.
    I'll look around and see if I can restore it to original. Thanks again. 73