Any NEW acquisitions recently?

Discussion in '"Boat Anchor" & Classic Equipment' started by KE0ZU, Aug 9, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
  1. AB2YC

AB2YC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes it's one of Bob's amps.

It's something I've wanted for a while so I finally ordered one.
    Mine is nearly done. I've been going slow and enjoying building it.

2. N8FVJ

N8FVJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I received one for audio upgrades wanting a warmer sound when I used to rebuilt tube audio gear. For some reason it did not respond like other amps. Best quality preamp tubes did not make much difference either, but is very clear sounding either stock or upgraded.

3. AB2YC

Not sure what to say, I just finished mine up today at lunchtime.

I have it running in my den just testing it and I'm quite impressed.
    Very full sound, clear, clear, with great separation.

Note: I'm running it with KT-120 and 12BH7 Tubes.

4. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I picked up an old Eico and an old Heathkit scope at last weekend's AARC hamfest.

5. VE3EKJ

VE3EKJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Won an Icom !I-4100A at the Milton Hamfest here in Ontario last month. However, it's a mobile dual band with D-Star rig and I don't have a vehicle anymore! Also, I'm old school and don't have any interest in D-Star. So I listed it on a swap page and mentioned I love boat anchors! I got a number of offers and eventually I became the proud owner of a Swan 700CX with the 16 pole crystal IF filter!

It had been restored to museum quality and works perfectly. I absolutely love it! It came with one of those VFO lock - antidrift gizmos and a new power supply board I have yet to install but I'm not hearing any hum out of the old electrolytics so far.

Wish the guy I traded with had included a few sunspots, though! :cool:

Bill VE3EKJ

6. N8FVJ

12BH7- great tubes. Congrats

7. N8FVJ

I use s Swan 100MX. Better audio than my FT-991A. I use DNR speaker by AM-COM.

8. AB2YC

This is my first time using them they seem to work nicely.

9. KS2G

KS2G Subscriber QRZ Page

Ah, memories!
    Looks just like the ST-70 (“the poor man’s McIntosh") that my father built from a kit back in the early '60s.
    Thanks!
    :)

10. N8FVJ

Lots of bad paper caps. Went from picking up a few AB broadcast stations to dozens after the new caps replacing the paper caps. Has all the parts in my junk parts bin.