ad: BKQSL-1

Any NEW acquisitions recently?

Discussion in '"Boat Anchor" & Classic Equipment' started by KE0ZU, Aug 9, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. KE0ZU

KE0ZU Ham Member QRZ Page

I missed out on an TR4-C on the Schulman auction last night, but not giving up hope. I'd also like to find an old ICOM 701.

2. KE4OH

KE4OH Ham Member QRZ Page

I've been downsizing the shack in advance of a cross-country move. However, I couldn't resist buying a second Gonset Monitone CW monitor. At least it's small ...

3. WA2AAR

WA2AAR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I pickup a Swan 500cx about 3 weeks ago had to rebuild the clean the rig replace 2 tubes and it is now back on
    the nothing like the old rigs. I am now working on a Swan 250c for 6 meters i got bothe rigs at a hamfest and
    with the power supplies it was $300.00 what a buy.

4. KA3JRT

KA3JRT Ham Member QRZ Page

I found a Ten-Tec Omni V, a freebie from one of the hams in my club. I got it going; had a short in the antenna circuit.

5. K4CCW

K4CCW Ham Member QRZ Page

Took another carload to Hamquest a couple weeks ago in my quest to downsize.

In a weak moment, I took a nice FRG-7700 in trade. It will make a nice companion to my FRG-7. These are my only two non-boatanchors.

It has issues but should be a fun challenge - maybe only switch cleaning he says hopefully - to restore it to life.

WW2PT likes this.
  6. K5DH

K5DH Ham Member QRZ Page

I recently picked up a nice Johnson Navigator transmitter for less than half of the going price. I got it from its original owner/builder!

AH7I and K3XR like this.
  7. N8FVJ

N8FVJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Bought a like new cosmetic condition Hallicrafters S-108 for $80. Sold my newer transceiver with general coverage, so I wanted a receiver for SWL. I will replace the PS electrolytic caps and all the paper caps today. My upgrade converter to 6SB7Y and RF amp tube to 6SC7 for better top band performance.

KD2ACO likes this.
  8. AB2YC

AB2YC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

AE7LP, WG8Z and KE4OH like this.
  9. K1SZO

K1SZO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I picked up a Hammerlung HQ-129X with the original speaker that is in really good condition. I'm hoping to built my first vintage station.

So far I now have the HQ-129X and a Heathkit SB-221 with the 10m mod. Now I just need a transmitter.

10. N8FVJ

N8FVJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Bob Latino amp? I am also a tube audiophile.