Antenna/Radio Crossover Switching

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KC3KWA, Aug 16, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
  1. N3PM

N3PM Ham Member QRZ Page

crossoverN3PM.jpg

A1 A2 ant conn P1 P2 radio ant ports CTL - relay coil if used
    Mike N3PM

2. W9RAC

W9RAC Subscriber QRZ Page

Are you wanting this to be a automatic operation? That is to say, when the dipole antenna is at the time being used for RX, then do you want it to automatically go to the loop for TX ? OR...... are you wanting to have to switch things around each time you transfer RX to TX manually?? 73 Rich

3. KC3KWA

KC3KWA Ham Member QRZ Page

I have neither of these antennas up, but run a handful of other antennas. I was just removal all other variables from my question.

4. KC3KWA

KC3KWA Ham Member QRZ Page

Honestly, a mechanical/manual option is all I was asking about. Something automated would be a bit outside of what I would need.

5. VK4HAT

VK4HAT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Rf sense on the tx line switching high power relays. I did not see power levels but easy to do at hf to 500w. I am designing something similar to switch an amp in and out of the antenna line on a DMR hotspot and also for switching between separate sdr receiver and transmitter.

You sample the RF line, rectify the AC into DC and use it to turn on a transistor which switches the state of a relay. Pacific antenna make a QRP version for sharing a common antenna between separate TX and RX.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
  6. WB8NQW

WB8NQW Ham Member QRZ Page

Ditto the patch panel with slip on PL-259s.

KC3KWA likes this.
  7. KF5KWO

KF5KWO Ham Member QRZ Page

I’ve recently ordered the MFJ-1707b RF sensing TX/RX switch. Hasn’t arrive yet, will let you know how it works for me.

VK4HAT and KC3KWA like this.