ad: dxeng

Antenna Hitting Branches

Discussion in 'Mobile Radio Systems' started by W8WJC, May 16, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-rfparts
ad: l-gcopper
ad: Subscribe
  1. AE1N

AE1N Ham Member QRZ Page

Aaaah! The LOVE of MOBILE RADIO!
    A.Hoop Earrings.jpg

A.New 160 Meter Loading Coil1.jpg

A.No more garage parking.jpg

B.AT THE CAR WASH.jpeg

LAYNE AE1N

2. WD5IKX

WD5IKX Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi Alan

I am gathering parts so what dimensions would you suggest for a good cap hat?

BTW...I was at the Bottomless Lakes SP last week.

John WD5IKX

3. W1JPG

W1JPG Ham Member QRZ Page

http://www.k0bg.com/caphats.html

4. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Your truck is a veritable babe magnet to be sure....but no competition for THIS>>>. One of my elmers in high school had a Corvair with a 6 meter Big Wheel on the roof.....looked like an Inspector Gadget helicopter.

5. K0PIR

K0PIR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I hit plenty of tree branches in town, and I'll be calling the city street dept. to complain about some. They may get cut, they may not, so for now I take a different route to the store.
    I got some courtesy flag tape from a parking lot assistant at the Hamvention :)

20170520_081404.jpg

WD5IKX likes this.
  6. K0BG

K0BG Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Why don't you put the cap hat where it belongs?

7. W1JPG

W1JPG Ham Member QRZ Page

It's more like a cap belt...

8. K4KWH

K4KWH Ham Member QRZ Page

You beat me to it! That's what came to mind as soon as the picture loaded! I always put long (HF) antennas on the left side. You won't avoid limb, but it surely helps!

9. K4KWH

I've used the top frame out of a old lamp shade a couple times! Makes a nice cap hat!

WD5IKX likes this.
  10. K4KWH

I chuckle when truckers/CBers put "ground planes" under the loading coil!:D They think (and are told by shysters) that this provides a ground plane so the antanner )sic) will "git out better". I saw on a website where one unknowing trucker said, "I put a 'ground plane' kit on my antenner (sic) an' it made my 'SWR-zzzzzzzzzzzzzz" go to the moon so I took it back off!":D:D:D:D:D HA! How many "SWR-zzzzz ARE there in ONE antenna? (snicker)

WD5IKX likes this.