ad: Radclub22-1

Another Good Ham Departs. K8NZO  SK

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by AC8DX, Jul 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. AC8DX

AC8DX Ham Member QRZ Page

I have had a lot of friends in my time and there are two types.  Life encounter, and Ham Radio.  Life encounter friends you meet and have nothing to do with Ham radio.  Ham Radio friends are people that you meet over the air and some you may never meet in person.  

I had the privilege of meeting Pat in person several times at his home, and at hamfests.  He was a Police Chief for many years until he had to retire due to medical issues.  I myself spent 14 years working for two different police departments, that and Ham radio was our common  ground.  

On the air Pat always was cheerful, upbeat, pleasant and courteous.  I admired that in Pat because his list of medical issues was so overwhelming to the point that I  would have had a heck of a time being half as upbeat as he was, should I have had to wear his shoes.  

Ham radio in SW Michigan 146.460 and 52.040 will be a little less upbeat.  All of us that knew him will miss him.  He gave us all something to look up too.  He raised the bar.

73's my friend....  

AC8DX

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.