Another Fraudulent Seller: SPERRY D DAVIS

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by N7FX, Mar 20, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. N7FX

N7FX Ham Member QRZ Page

So this guy has been busy. Using the same call sign as previous attempts, N3SD, but a different name / email address, he continues to try to get people to bite on an off-QRZ sale of an ICOM 7300.

Just like last time he used a stolen image that I found from the original sale.

This time he used the name SPERRY D DAVIS and email address sperry.amature@gmail.com.

This time he used a poorly edited image with the N3SD call sign.

2. W0XX

W0XX Ham Member QRZ Page

Got the same one myself selling an FT-450D for $350 using N3SD's good name/callsign. If it sounds to good to be true, it is.

I had responded to someone asking about a 450D they have sold but didn't bother updating their post so they are capturing the inerested parties.
    Also, got an unsolicited email from:

k9zpy email DALE ROGERS <k9zpy.qrz@gmail.com>

3. W0XX

W0XX Ham Member QRZ Page

Note: Name is N4SD's and Email was based upon N3SD.

4. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

His real email is:
    dalerogers - at - alumni- dot - haas - dot - org

5. K9ZPY

K9ZPY Ham Member QRZ Page

de the real K9ZPY - AJ4GQ has been kind enough to inform me that my call is being used in a scam. He has given me some tips to help correct the situation as best as possible so thank you. For all my email IS NOT k9zpy.qrz@gmail.com

NZ4X and AJ4GQ like this.
  6. N4SD

N4SD Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello from the real Sperry Davis, N4SD in Virginia Beach VA. I am not selling any type of equipment on line. I did buy a 7300 last fall after being off the air for 30+ years. It's a shame that the internet is full of low life trying to make a quick buck off us. 73

CJK539 and WB0MPB like this.