ad: cq2k-1

Announcing QRZDroid - for your Android Device

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Apr 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
  1. M0LEP

M0LEP Ham Member QRZ Page

Not showing up in the Market here. Presumably either my device is too old, or it's not made it over this side of the Pond yet...

2. W5GGH

W5GGH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Can't download from play.google.com for the same reason previously mentioned here somewhere, so if someone could email me the *.apk or put it on apktops.com where I could download the *.apk, would appreciate it.

Gary, N5XED
    gghiggs@gmail.com

3. K1MIZ

K1MIZ Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Finally! !!!!

4. K2TQN

K2TQN Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Will this work on the new Amazon color Kindle?

5. N8EMR

N8EMR Ham Member QRZ Page

can we get rid of the ads at the bottom! or at least make them ham related

6. WD8FM

WD8FM Ham Member QRZ Page

Looks great. Now how about an app for the Apple iPhone?

7. N5PU

N5PU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Works great on my Motorola Droid Razr! Install and had it working in about 20 sec. ! :cool:

8. KA9MOT

KA9MOT Ham Member QRZ Page

Works great Fred! Thanks!

As to the ads, Android is a Google product and Google makes millions from those ads. I doubt the ads are from QRZ. Blame Google, not QRZ.

9. WZ3O

WZ3O Guest

Mork to Orson ... it's interesting you bring up the ads also the app store will let u kno if it's compatible with your device ... my 2ยข added!

10. KA9MOT

KA9MOT Ham Member QRZ Page

Hmmmm....Ork faced?

[video=youtube;fP0SBVUaloQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fP0SBVUaloQ&feature=colike[/video]

11. KY5U

KY5U Ham Member QRZ Page

Great work, Fred. May I also remind users here that I have a FREE web based app that works on iOS and Android at http://mobile.ky5u.net. It's not as fancy as Fred's beautiful app. My app contains call lookup, ham timer, dx spots, ham news, propogation, national weather, lightning strikes, IARU Beacon Map, beam headings, World local time, Note taking, dipole calculation, coax loss, hurricane tracker, ham therapist, calculator, radio manuals, and a tone generator. On phones that support Applets, there is a tuner simulation values device.

Screenshot.png

One note: You really need to try the tone generator. Run it on your phone and use the "two tone" generator audio to tune up your SSB rig. You'll be surprised how it beats getting max performance from your rig over a carrier tune or chirp tune.

This app has no ads or hidden fees, and is a collection of tools from various places reformatted for the little screen with proper credit to the original authors. If you have any idea for additional apps, please let me know. Also give Fred's APP here a try, it's totally cool on my Android Pad.

12. N5VEI

N5VEI Ham Member QRZ Page

Google Play will not recognize my phone. I click on the device portion of the screen and it is grayed out. I have an HTC Desire.

13. N6EY

N6EY Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

What versions of Android is it designed for?

14. KU7PDX

KU7PDX Ham Member QRZ Page

The ads are part of the application, not Google. Blame the developer (which happens to be QRZ.COM).

15. WZ3O

WZ3O Guest

I fail to see why its so important where the ads originate from, regardless it's free, just like Hams to b---h abt somthing free ... Hi Hi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.