ad: elecraft

Angelo Diamantoni W8ERN -SK

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by WB8IIA, Mar 29, 2016.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. WB8IIA

WB8IIA Ham Member QRZ Page

It is with great sadness that I post that we have lost a great friend, radio neighbor and a wonderful ambassador for amateur radio Angelo W8ERN. My friend and neighbor for many years Angelo passed away peacefully on Sunday, March 26. I will miss his smiling face as well as his warm voice on the air.

Memorial contributions are encouraged in his name to University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center, UMCCC Office of Development, 2800 Plymouth Road, Bldg. 100, Ann Arbor, MI 48109-2800

2. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

My Condolences.

[​IMG]

Evangelo Diamantoni, W8ERN SK

SK March 27, 2016

OOTC Number: 3567

Angelo Diamantoni
    March 12, 1933 - March 27, 2016

Obituary for Angelo Diamantoni
    Angelo Diamantoni, a resident of Brighton, died peacefully on March 27, 2016 at the age of 83.

He is survived by his wife, Helen Diamantoni; children, Cynthia Redmore, Jim Diamantoni, George (Pam) Diamantoni; grandchildren, Danielle, Kelly (Treavor), Kristina, Amanda, Brittany, Katie, Nick, Zach, Christopher, Jennifer, and Holly; great-grandson, Skyler.

A Memorial Service will be held at Lynch & Sons Funeral Home, 600 East Main St., Brighton on Wednesday, March 30, 2016 at 1 PM. Friends may gather from 11 AM until time of service.

Memorial contributions are encouraged in his name to University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center, UMCCC Office of Development, 2800 Plymouth Road, Bldg. 100, Ann Arbor, MI 48109-2800.

For further information phone Lynch & Sons, Brighton at 810-229-2905.
    http://www.lynchandsonsbrighton.com/obituaries/obituary-listings?obId=833795#/obituaryInfo

3. N8HVO

N8HVO Ham Member QRZ Page

4. N8HVO

N8HVO Ham Member QRZ Page

Angelo was my Elmer. He started me going when he was my neighbor back in 1969. He was a class act on the air and know round the world. His enthusiasm for our hobbie was matched by his fantastic aptitude. He will be missed by so, so many. Thank you Angelo. Your friend Rich N8HVO

K2HAT likes this.
  5. K2XT

K2XT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

"W8ERN Brighten, Michigan"
    A very active, extremely nice gentleman on the air. I worked him once but heard him often. He lived for a time in my hometown of Clarksburg, West Virginia.

6. K2WO

K2WO Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I am sorry to hear the news. Angelo was a true gentleman and the best example of an A-1 Operator. RIP Angelo.

7. MW3FLI

MW3FLI Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

RIP Angelo, a true gentleman who i have very luckily had the pleasure to chat to on a couple of occasions.

8. G1IZQ

G1IZQ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

RIP my old mate gone to the big dxs in the sky so sad G1IZQ Tom Northamtonshir England

9. KE8CBW

KE8CBW Ham Member QRZ Page

RIP Angelo .. He was a kind and very friendly Man. I live in Brighton and Angelo was one of my first contacts as a new Ham. I never had the pleasure of meeting
    Angelo in person , but we spent many hours talking on the Radio. I remember his wife making comments in the back ground as we talked and Angelo always paused
    so I could hear her reply . When you talked to Angelo you felt like family so kind . You will be missed ...

10. M1WML

M1WML Ham Member QRZ Page

very sad to here this news.... we worked many times on the band. and he was always a BIG signal here in England..
    RIP pal...

11. G4SKO

G4SKO Ham Member QRZ Page

A great loss, always a gentleman and such a distinctive voice and style. 73 Angelo.

12. N7SGM

N7SGM Ham Member QRZ Page

That is sad news indeed. I hope his family will accept my deepest sympathy. I would only hope to become as good an amateur radio operator as Angelo was. I am also very proud that Angelo called me a friend. We enjoyed many QSO's over the years. Rest in peace my friend!! Best 73...

13. VE4AI

VE4AI QRZ Member

14. W7HTA

W7HTA Ham Member QRZ Page

I had the pleasure of talking with Angelo on the air several times over the last 6 years. I always enjoyed it and made it a point to do so whenever I heard him on. As a newer ham
    I learned a lot from him. He was always friendly and always had time for everyone. I will be sorely missed. I only wish I had gotten to meet him in person. My condolences to his
    family.

W7HTA ex KE7DOO

15. K8AIR

K8AIR Ham Member QRZ Page

If there is not a Ham Radio Room in Heaven, Angelo will create one. A long and trusted friend whom I visited with many times. My condolences to the family and his wonderful wife Helen.