Anatomy of an Internet Scam at QRZ

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Aug 18, 2014.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-assoc
  1. K5ADN

K5ADN Ham Member QRZ Page

2. K5ADN

K5ADN Ham Member QRZ Page

I have a old Kenwood twins for sale on Craig's list in Denver Colorado. Last night I received a call from a 3rde party and they said that K4AXE was just searching everywhere for this Item. I looked up K4AXE in the data base and it is an not a real call! I assume that XXXAX now rides as K4AXE. What happened to honesty.

3. KF4VGX

KF4VGX Ham Member QRZ Page

Love the story Fred :)

4. KA5ROW

KA5ROW Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

What are you seeing on the passport that makes it stand out. I never seen a passport. His wife looks fake for sure blurred, but the photo clear I see that.

5. N1OOQ

N1OOQ Ham Member QRZ Page

OMG, I went over to the 419eaters website and read a few stories... hilarious!! :D They keep some of those scammers occupied for months!

6. K1VV

K1VV Ham Member QRZ Page

One lesson learned .... Don't buy anything that expensive on the internet .... to much of a chance of a scam

7. ZS6BV

ZS6BV Ham Member QRZ Page

A while back I heard about a scammer being scammed. A guy played the scammer by convincing him that he was also a scammer and they should team up as he has ways to get a lot of money if he has a team. After playing him along for a while they eventually met and the scammer was promptly arrested by the police.