Anan 8000dle mkII with an i7 CPU

Discussion in 'Software Defined Radio (SDR)' started by NB4R, Dec 2, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. NB4R

NB4R Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm buying an SDR transceiver soon. I have read numerous threads and reviews about the Anan Vs Flex subject. In those threads and reviews I read similar facts that come out about the Anan. Specifically that most of the processing in the Anan is done by whatever PC the operator has connected to the transceiver. Also the Anan has a "big pipe" that the between the radio and CPU or PC. My question is does anyone have any experience with the 7000 DLE or the 8000 DLE that has the integrated CPU running windows 10? I'm sure that "big pipe" is now internal to the transceiver. I know the Apache-Labs company is also claiming "plug and play." I know that sometimes these claims have to be taken with a grain of salt. I don't have a problem working through some issues. I'm very interested in the Anan because most of the processing is in embedded CPU. If the integrated CPU has truly enhanced the operation of the radio I would like to hear some hands on experience.

2. KF4VAR

KF4VAR Ham Member QRZ Page

3. NB4R

NB4R Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello KF4VAR,

Yes, I haven't been here is a couple of days and I realized that and had one of those Duh! moments. I also went to the "community" part of the Apache Labs website.
    After thinking about it further I decided on the 7000 DLE MkII without the embedded PC. Windows 10 has worked pretty well with the SDRuno software that is used with the SDRPlay
    radios. Every once in a while strange things happen right after a Microsoft Windows update. I can handle it on my PC, but really don't want to see what may happen with an embedded Windows 10 PC.

Carr, thanks and I hope you have a great Holiday season!

4. KF4VAR

KF4VAR Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi Ruben
    I have looked at the Anan's with some desire. I live in Ecuador (from the US) and am currently without radios, 60% import duty here-- but want either an Anan or an Elad. I hope the 7000DLE Mk2 works out well for you.

I primarily am a Linux user but have 2 machines dual boot W10 and Linux so I understand completely how you feel about W10. I can not imagine what a bad W10 update would be like in an SDR with an embedded W10 computer. I think you are making a good choice.

Best wishes for you, family and friends on this Holiday Season.

Regards & 73

Carr KF4VAR