ad: Radclub22-1

An apology from Bryan KJ6ZOL to W7JOE Joe is in order.

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by KJ6ZOL, Apr 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KJ6ZOL

KJ6ZOL Ham Member QRZ Page

I would sincerely like to apologize to W7JOE, Joe in Grants Pass, Oregon, for my unfortunate post on the "missing radio amateur" thread. I misremembered a conversation that occurred on a 40 meters net about four years ago. Joe has emailed me to say that my post has quickly spun out of control and that his phone is ringing off the hook. I am constantly mixing up people's names and callsigns and it happened again. I NEVER intended to cause any harm to the holder of W7JOE, and as I said, I was trying to remember a QSO that happened around 2015. I also did not consider any "blowback" that might occur.

Mods: Joe has requested a public apology and retraction to him and to all of QRZ. This is the apology/retraction that he has requested. Please leave it up, although you may lock it if you wish. I am also willing to suffer any further sanctions as may be deemed appropriate by the mods.

Bryan Cowan KJ6ZOL
    Sacramento, California

2. N3HGB

N3HGB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Wouff-Hong :eek:

K0UO likes this.
  3. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Followed immediately by the Rettysnitch!

K0UO likes this.
  4. KD8DEY

KD8DEY Ham Member QRZ Page

20 Hail Hirams, 10 Our ARRL's.
    Now go forth, and sin no more

WD8T likes this.
  5. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

6. KI4KM

KI4KM Ham Member QRZ Page

This is an odd post, and I've been on many forums for many years. I hope it satisfies the victim you harmed. Without a context of the damaged you caused, or what you did, I'll just have say I've read your apology.

7. WD8T

WD8T Ham Member QRZ Page

This post has me stumped.

8. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Thanks Bryan for stepping up.

I can see why W7JOE would have been somewhat shocked - but Mark Twain had much the same thing happen a long long time ago ;)

Since most folks won't know what this is all about, I'll go ahead and lock it to further replies.

But thanks for taking action - very cool and I'm sure @W7JOE appreciates it :)

Dave
    W7UUU

WD3N likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.