AMSAT Director Election 2019: It's Time For Change!

Discussion in 'Satellite and Space Communications' started by K6BP, Jul 9, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KE4AZZ

KE4AZZ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Yeah, you better watch it...someone may want to meet up with you in a dark alley...or pin your coax...:rolleyes:

WA4SCA likes this.
  2. AD5HR

AD5HR Ham Member QRZ Page

Clint's QRZ page states he is a member of AMSAT-UK

3. KA2CZU

KA2CZU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

LOL... seems any election nowadays starts a war

W5PFG, K4BAD and AD5HR like this.
  4. AD7DB

AD7DB Ham Member QRZ Page

Some sage advice from author Harry Turtledove [yes, that's his name] that would seem appropriate here.

Make up your own mind, always.
    Think it through before doing so.
    Get the facts before thinking.

W5PFG, WA4SCA, K6LCS and 2 others like this.
  5. WA4SCA

WA4SCA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

There is often a feeling of Alternate History about this place. :)

W5PFG likes this.
  6. W5SAT

W5SAT Ham Member QRZ Page

I am a member of AMSAT-NA and looking forward to being able to cast my vote. I actually took the time to educate myself about the candidates and learned that candidate selection is not just about supporting somebody that shares my vision about future types of satellites to launch. AMSAT is corporation that needs to manage finances, legal matters, public relations and ride share opportunities. I plan to support candidates that can support the BIG picture.

If nothing else, I'm glad I took the time to learn more about what makes AMSAT tick.

AD7DB and WD9EWK like this.
  7. KE4AZZ

KE4AZZ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

So, what your saying it's not all hamfest demo's, poolside selfies and updating your facebook/tweety status...:confused: or how many grids you worked???

WA4SCA likes this.
  8. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Banned? Perhaps not. However this sort of behavior should not be tolerated. Candidates should address issues and their plans, NOT making personal attacks against other members.

We went through this during the previous two ARRL elections and it was not uplifting nor mannerly.

K4BAD, W5PFG and WD9EWK like this.
  9. W5PFG

W5PFG Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Who was banned? What were they banned from?

Sadly, I see a pattern. Posting about AMSAT people being banned is propaganda.

Anyone claiming to be an evangelist should stick to facts and positive action. Not tearing down others.

10. K3RLD

K3RLD Ham Member QRZ Page

When do ballots ship out? Looking forward to using the new fancy confuser based ballots. Firing up my Apple ][e right now.

W5PFG likes this.