Amateur Radio Superstation - K3LR

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Jul 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
  1. W6OGC

W6OGC Ham Member QRZ Page

Didn't you know that it's not just a hobby but a way of life?

2. N5USS

N5USS Ham Member QRZ Page

I saw Tim last Friday and Saturday in OKC at our hamfest. Heckuva nice guy. Tim lived in OKC for a good number of years due to his work but just moved back to PA last year to run DX Engineering which brings him back to his home superstation.

Funny thing is, with the K3LR superstation back in PA, all he had at his OKC home was a simple Buddipole. Tim was always willing to stop and help any ham with any problem, even came to my home to advise me on an antenna problem. He even built me a simple ground plane antenna one day. You can't find a nicer guy anywhere.

By by the way, Tim has the best way to attach PL 259's, see his videos and written instructions.

And yes, Tim has told me before that he buys used radios, and he is a "big knob" guy and doesn't care for physically small radios.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
  3. N4EYZ

N4EYZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Impressive! Someone commented that it must be nice to be able to put all that into the hobby. Well.......it is nice to be able to do that and I'm glad when someone has been blessed enough to be able to do what they really enjoy. Whether your love is amateur radio, flying, motorcycles or whatever.......just do it to the best of your ability and have fun. As long as one's family is loved and cared for................have fun doing whatever you love!!

N9MET likes this.
  4. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

Yes WOW. Impressive. Thanks for sharing, really nice presentation.

I can not imagine the Time to get that all together, not even thinking about the money.

That must be nice to have the available Land to do that too.

I am stuck here in a 26 foot wide city lot,
    at least it is a little over 100ft deep so it does have room for a G5RV. :)

5. N7AIG

N7AIG Ham Member QRZ Page

Holy Cow! Apart from the initial outlay, I can't imagine having the funds to support the maintenance costs on this! Sheesh! Must be really nice to see a dream fulfilled like that! 73's and more power to you!!!

= de Dave, N7AIG

6. W4KVW

W4KVW Ham Member QRZ Page

Well he does after all use the best transceivers "ICOM" so he's starting out on the right foot from the beginning.Can't go wrong teaming those up with ALPHA amplifiers.;)

Clayton
    W4KVW

7. AA9G

AA9G Ham Member QRZ Page

Absolutely amazing and thanks for the tour. Never in life did I imagine I would see a station that made W8JI's look like small taters.

8. K7ZOV

K7ZOV Ham Member QRZ Page

My station is humbled by his major WOW station. He is also a die hard ICOM man with a full ICOM contest station. Does he know something we don't? :) At least it has been, So even though I am K-Line person with a Kx3 QRP based QTH, my IC-756PROII, IC-7000 and IC-706MKIIG will be here for a long time to come...

9. W4AMP

W4AMP Ham Member QRZ Page

Outstanding.

10. WB7X

WB7X Ham Member QRZ Page

Wow, those neighbors sure are close.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.