Amateur Radio Superstation - K3LR

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Jul 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: DLSpec-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
  1. W2MYA

W2MYA Ham Member QRZ Page

Vy Vy Impressive Duff! This To Say The Least.The 1st Time I Passed By Ur Installation Was 8-10 Yrs Or So Ago On Interstate-80 On Way To Dayton.Goodness,I Just Had To Slow Down To Take A Better Look.Your Antenna/Tower Set-Up Is Simply Amazing!! My Gud Friend Es Former Co-Worker,"RQ" W2RQ,Bill Keller Frm Jersey Operates Wid U At Contest Times. Vy Nice Photos Of Ur Set Up. The Drone Flight Was Quite Impressive Indeed. In Fact I Think I Saw My Car Out On I-80 On My Way Out To Chicago Last Oct. Hi-Hi Vy 73,Greg Mitchell-W2MYA
    West Caldwell,N.J.

2. N2ADE

N2ADE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

He can't stand a chance agenst me with my TS570 and an attic dipole. ha ha n2ade

3. KC2QNK

KC2QNK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

INCREDIBLE DREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. KI6ADA

KI6ADA Ham Member QRZ Page

What an awesome array..Thank you for sharing with all.

5. NU9S

NU9S XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I was thinking the same thing with my TS-590 and a G5RV. I have been in this for right at 40 years and someday I will put up "a" tower. Very nice thanks for posting it.

6. KF5UMC

KF5UMC Ham Member QRZ Page

This is beyond my wildest dreams! Very, very impressive and a 1.5kw amp per band...the drone fly-by video was really awesome and just think, a brand new way to survey antennas without having to climb towers!

Congratulations!
    John KF5UMC

7. KB0TT

KB0TT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Again, he spent his money. It is fantastic !

People with that expendable income can do these things.

Heck, Howard Hughes built the " Spruce Goose " ...... Because he was sane, rich, and could do it !

Overkill ? YES..... But....... WHY NOT ?

JB

8. VE6AMR

VE6AMR Ham Member QRZ Page

Been thinking some more; there is more than just the multi-multi class. Try the multi-two like VE6AO runs or a multi-single operation, fewer towers, fewer antenna's. Unfortunately there is still the location problem. There has to be a way of equalizing the playing field like WRTC but still utilizing diffrent locations? What the Hey! It's still way too much money for an old retired sod like me.

9. W6MU

W6MU Ham Member QRZ Page

My full size 160 meter dipole this past winter. I guess that means it's big enough. :)

10. AA9G

AA9G Ham Member QRZ Page

I am glad to see your mood has improved a bit. I think you make too much of your location though. I am not (yet) a contester and if I were to one day actually win one I would probably fall over dead from shock. I am (will be) competing mainly with myself i.e. can I look back at my score after it's done and say with satisfaction that I did as well as I could do within my limitations? If the answer is yes then I have won. Everyone works within limitations, granted some have fewer or more than others. That's not just contesting, that's life. Make the most of what you have and enjoy doing it = Success.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.