ad: CQMM-1

Amateur Radio Parity Act Now in Senate!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W8LV, Jul 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Ham Member QRZ Page

I want to hear some more... Please continue..

[​IMG]

W8LV likes this.
  2. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Prove that it is "HIS wording".

3. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

No, I am staring at a tree growing in a rock. And lusting for a Coke.

KC8VWM likes this.
  4. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

Your sense of humor is beyond "dry," Charles. :)

KC8VWM likes this.
  5. W8LV

W8LV Ham Member QRZ Page

"Yes, there are CC&R that restrict antennas. There are plenty that do not restrict antennas."

Pull the Other One.

Oh Please. The Boilerplate is EVERYWHERE, as it's being Encountered EVERYWHERE, as Evidenced by the Antenna Restriction Forum on eham.net!

PASS THE BILL.

73 and All the Best!
    DE W8LV Bill

6. K1SZO

K1SZO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Could you provide a link to his statements? From what I've read, Fred Hopengarten (K1VR) is known to be volunteer counsel for the ARRL who support this bill. Why would the ARRL not listen to their own counsel?

7. K1SZO

K1SZO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I've read the bill. I see nothing "fatal" about it. Sure, other attorneys could use carefully worded text to get around specific things, but I see nothing fatal about the bill.

Too much hyperbole in your statement and you're not justifying why you are deeming it fatal.

W8LV likes this.
  8. KK5JY

The "antenna restriction forum" on eHam is nothing but a place for people to go and whine when they realize they didn't read their CC&R before they bought their property. Don't believe me? Go read the pinned post at the top of the forum. Any post suggesting that people are responsible for their property purchase choices will immediately be summarily deleted. That's rule #1. So by definition, the only people allowed to post in that forum are people who sign up for the idea that hams should be able to "get out of" or "work around" their CC&R.
    It's a shame that so many people are so eager to trade others' rights for their own.

KF4ZKU likes this.
  9. W8LV

W8LV Ham Member QRZ Page

No...what I meant is that I must have been gazing at the US Tower Cuties at Hamfest instead of attending that particular lecture... Or much more likely at my age, slogging in the mud, looking for "Centerfold" Mouth-Watering, Eye-Popping, R-390A's!
    Carry on with your Good Works, Sir!
    Fractals are a Thing of Beauty! Seems that SYMMETRY is hard wired in our brains.

73 and All the Best!
    DE W8LV Bill

10. KB1PA

KB1PA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Its HR 555

11. W8LV

W8LV Ham Member QRZ Page

[QUOTE="KK5JY, post:
    It's a shame that so many people are so eager to trade others' rights for their own.[/QUOTE]

Yes it is. Which is why we need to PASS THE BILL.

73 and All the Best!
    DE W8LV Bill

12. KK5JY

So making good life choices, and expecting others to do the same, is now somehow taking away rights from someone else? Wow.

I guess in the era of "the definition of 'is'" anything is possible, and everything is upside-down.

13. AB3TQ

AB3TQ Ham Member QRZ Page

That cartoon basically had two characters. You can't even manage to correctly identify BOTH of them. And we are supposed to take anything you have to say about this issue seriously?

14. W8LV

W8LV Ham Member QRZ Page

No, you are. We live in a Representative Republic, where by the Rule of Law, we can CHANGE the Law. Sorry you played Hookey during High School Government Civics Class!

PASS THE BILL.

73 DE W8LV Bill

15. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Wrong. Sipping my Coke, I can best tell you to look up my comments on the Zed thru Google. I will not repeat them for someone accusing me of hyperbole.

K1VR is the one who said that HR555 will be the end of ham radio as we know it.

I said it was fatally flawed. Look up .

Go read. Do your homework.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.