Amateur Radio Parity Act moving forward...

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KN6SD, May 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. W5WN

W5WN Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

This happens in many forums.

2. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

I had antennas living on 4.5 acres. My house was nice because the antennas were mostly not visible. I was blessed with a promotion and moved to Jackson into a very nice neighborhood in a gated community. The LAST thing I wanted is for some "don't know when to stop" ham to put up a tower next door. Thank the Lord for HOAs. I have been here over 10 years and my house is well kept. It should sell easily.

I am retiring back to Florida and moving to an area with no HOA, but the houses are nice but older. Antennas are allowed, but because they are does not make them attractive. Since I have many large live oak trees, my goal is to be mostly invisible (again because antennas and towers are ugly). If that offends anyone, then that's you.

W4IOA likes this.
  3. W5WN

W5WN Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Not everyone likes modern art either.

KY5U likes this.
  4. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes, I could have a giant statue of a man's a$$ with a bumble bee shoved up his bum and call it art. I always try to remember that "beauty is in the eyes of the bee holder".

WA7PRC and W5WN like this.
  5. N2EY

N2EY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Nope. I have valid premises which lead to true conclusions.

W2AI likes this.
  6. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm beginning to think you weren't a good student. You're referencing an article citing 2015 data. The one I referenced is 2017 data, two years newer.

KJ4VTH and N2EY like this.
  7. N1EN

N1EN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I buy title insurance to protect myself from invalid premises. :D

W0PV and N2EY like this.
  8. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

Am I to assume you ascribe to the theory - garbage in; true conclusions out?

And if anyone cares, the Bloomberg report from which those excerpts were quoted is dated May 18, 2018. I didn't go to the California School of Contrivances.

Meanwhile, we still have no complaints from the thousands of hams who actually live in HOAs. Just some side-show antics from the same few busy-bodies intent on changing other peoples' neighborhoods.

9. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

Like Claude Rains? :p
    [​IMG]

W2AI likes this.
  10. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.