ad: CQMM-1

Amateur Radio Operator BSA uniform patch discontinued

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AK2M, Oct 10, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. NU4R

NU4R XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Since the CORE of scouting was forcibly changed to adjust to the minority who believe this 21st century political correctness should extend to every corner OF THEIR MINDS...I've paid zero attention to the BSA...until this post.

I've spent A TON of time with BOTH the Boy and Girl Scouts over many decades, presenting to them, the wonders of amateur radio and at one time, commercial aviation, with some VERY SPECIAL TOURS.

That was "once-upon-a-time" however. I'm vehemently opposed all this " UNI-SEX" nonsense and have a pretty good idea what the negative effect of all this tweaking of the young persons mind will inevitably expose.

That, and your "nobody wins because nobody loses" participation trophies.

In the end, wear your Uni-Sex Badges proudly, boys AND girls of the BSA and best of luck! Because, the present day evolving evidence of this world surely says...you're gonna need it!

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
    K3XR, K3UJ, K9SPY and 6 others like this.
  2. NU4R

NU4R XML Subscriber QRZ Page

SPOT ON BROTHER! And the present day antics on the phone bands expose an INCREDIBLE example of...the product of a lazy, self-indulgent society.

Spare me of your rebuttals to the contrary all. The evidence on our bands... IS NOT in your favor!

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
    K9SPY, WN1MB, K0WJ and 2 others like this.
  3. KD2NOM

KD2NOM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Or to find alternatives in the local community such as Trail Life, etc.

KQ4CNO likes this.
  4. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

"Amateur Radio Operator BSA uniform patch discontinued"

Seems fitting my opinion the real BSA has been discontinued.

KI7HSB, K3KIC, K9SPY and 5 others like this.
  5. K5CO

K5CO Ham Member QRZ Page

Why do the call it the BOY scouts?

K7BOA likes this.
  6. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Why? To allow family participation in scouting activities. The reasoning is that families won't have to be split in supporting or choosing between girl /boy activities. Whether you agree or not, it is one reasonable approach to serving youths.

WA1ZCN, AK2M, K2NCC and 1 other person like this.
  7. WC8E

WC8E Ham Member QRZ Page

It was BSA's reaction to declining enrollment. You can spin it any way you like, but 22 years of putting the bite on for SME...at the end of the day, it's money.

8. KA0HCP

Well, a response to dropping enrollment seems entirely reasonable. But of course it wouldn't be the Zed without running them down and disparaging them, would it? "Know it all critics".

K9SPY, AK2M and KQ9J like this.
  9. KG4RUL

KG4RUL Ham Member QRZ Page

I have repeatedly had a similar experience with merit badge classes held as part of a JOTA event. I finally stopped participating because of this. Kids today feel they are entitled and any effort is to be avoided.

10. K2DFC

K2DFC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

So does that mean boys can join the girl scouts? Will the girl scouts drop the name "girl" so families won't have to be split? Just asking.

K9SPY and KC2EGL like this.
  11. KA0HCP

My understanding of the Girl Scouts response is that they have no plans to admit boys. However, they have explicitly never prohibited lesbian leaders and members.

12. KC2EGL

KC2EGL Ham Member QRZ Page

No they won't have to drop the name 'Girl' Scouts. The 'Girl' Scouts were taken over by the extreme feminist movement decades ago. Every girl that I was in grade school with that was a member of the 'Girl' Scouts has become a fanatical feminist. Most of them are on their third marriage which are failing terribly yet again. They continually blame the men in their failed relationships.

Unfortunately the Boy Scouts, or 'Scouts' as they are going to be called if they are not already, have been radicalized. They will continue to loose their membership base if they do not reverse their course.

K0WJ, K3XR, W4HM and 2 others like this.
  13. KD5TXX

KD5TXX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

In my area, and my knowledge, troops will remain separate. Boy troops and girl troops. They will not camp together. I have no problem with this. If a girl wants to learn to camp and hike etc and no other organizations are stepping up to help, what's the harm? Sure, I'm not naive and understand that some troops will do things that I disagree with, but we run it here on a local level and we havent changed. And I'll keep my pre ban tab.

KW4WL and AK2M like this.
  14. W4HM

W4HM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

When I was in the Cub Scouts, Webelos and Boy Scouts I was repeatedly exposed to amateur radio. It got my attention as I was a technical kid but wasn't interested in auto mechanics. I doubt that I would have become a ham without the exposure I had from scouting.

Sometimes when you bring young boys and girls together in an organization say like the Boy and Girl Scouts as an example, it can be detrimental to both, as each are a distraction to the other and learning gets sidelined. Boys and girls need to learn how to work together as a team with their own gender first.

Personally I would never allow my daughters and sons to be in the scouting organizations nowadays because of the type of people that are beating allowed in as scout leaders. The boys and girls need to be supervised, disciplined and taught by some of the best not some of the worst.

K0WJ likes this.
  15. KG5SFT

KG5SFT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

With all the ridiculous changes the Scouts have made to appease certain groups of individuals it isn't surprising.

WN1MB and K0WJ like this.