ad: elecraft

Amateur Radio Newsline headlines for Ham Nation. September 18, 2019.

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KB7TBT, Sep 14, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. W6SFG

W6SFG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Congratulations Jeanne! It was wonderful to be able to QSO with you as you circumnavigated the globe.
    Also I say a big THANK YOU to Jim WB2REM and the 7.163 DX group for his outstanding support for Jeanne through the Website updates for his use of new technology through his station enable many other ham radio operators worldwide to both hear and QSO with Jeanne.

2. SV1GRN

SV1GRN Ham Member QRZ Page

Congrats Jeanne glad you made it back to Victoria 73

3. VE7YTB

VE7YTB Ham Member QRZ Page

Jeanne, VEOJS, was almost my first two QSO's with a freshly minted licence, a Butternut HF9V and a FT990. I will always remember how exciting it was when she answered. She was a great inspiration to the candidates at BCFerries that were studying for their meteorology exam. We followed her weather and discussed her track as she negotiated the highs and lows. The radio room on the SeaHorse is a little too quiet now....

4. KE0MAD

KE0MAD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I was only able to make a contact with her one time but it was really an honor and I also enjoyed tracking her progress through her journey.

5. KC3SWL

KC3SWL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I tried once or twice for a contact but wasn't heard very well if at all. However, I did get to hear her a number of times throughout the trip and lots of people got a chance to contact her. Sometimes conditions were pitiful and I wasn't able to make her out but did hear others talking to her. That's an accomplishment what she did.

6. KP2J

KP2J Ham Member QRZ Page

I had the great pleasure and honor of speaking to Jeanne from the U. S. Virgin Islands on August 7,2019 when she was on the opposite side of the world from me in the Pacific. Congratulations to Jeanne on an amazing achievement and for establishing another sailing record that I am sure will stand for a long time!

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
  7. W2UH

W2UH XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I too was happy to have made contact with her somewhere in the south pacific. Welcome home! You did it! Congrats!!

8. KN4IRM

KN4IRM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Worked her on 40m early one morning and the station sstateside wanting to coordinate who speaks to her either ignored me or couldnt hear me. Lucky she herself recognized my call and made the qso. Been seeing alot of this on the amateur bands where its become a buddy system and thats not good operating practices.
    KN4IRM

9. KC3SWL

KC3SWL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I distinctly heard one station who will remain nameless to save them the flak call those buddy systems the okey dokey net.

10. NI9Y

NI9Y XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Congratulations Jeanne on your incredible trek. I was one of the fortunate who had a QSO with you
    and followed your journey all the way.

11. VK5FUSE

VK5FUSE Ham Member QRZ Page

My Most Memorable 40m contact 2019-04-20

The most resilient woman

i have ever had the pleasure to talk with

as she navigated the Southern Ocean

Outstanding Achievements Jeanne

well done.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
  12. VE7ASR

VE7ASR Ham Member QRZ Page

Congratulations - well done Jeanne and welcome back to Victoria. It was great to be part of the crowd cheering you on at the finish line! Glad you and Nereida are both safe!

Rick
    VE7TK

13. KC9ONY

KC9ONY Ham Member QRZ Page

Any videos of the arrival? I followed along by listening on WebSDR for part of the journey.
    Sure miss the daily blogs, but glad she completed the adventure safely.
    Congratulations Jeanne!

14. VE7ASR

VE7ASR Ham Member QRZ Page

VK5FUSE and KC9ONY like this.
  15. W1JC

W1JC Ham Member QRZ Page

I was fortunate enough to hear her regularly on 7163 net during her voyage and had A QSO.
    Congratulations Jeanne! K1JLC

VK5FUSE likes this.