Amateur Radio Newsline headlines for Ham Nation. September 18, 2019.

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KB7TBT, Sep 14, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
  1. VE3ITW

VE3ITW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Congrats Jeanne! I followed your great blog and had A few failed and one successful contact Mar. 5, 2019 on 7.160. Jeanne is the epitome of "KEEP CALM and CARRY ON". Thanks for the inspiration!

2. K7HN

K7HN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Was able to speak with Joanne a few times at the end of her journey. A true joy! What an amazing person! Congrats and 73 Joanne!

3. VE2PQP

VE2PQP Ham Member QRZ Page

Wow I watch you tracking all the way. Really amazing journey. Félicitation! 88!

4. CX4AV

CX4AV Ham Member QRZ Page

It was an honor to communicate with her as she passed through South America. A great example of courage. Congratulations. Jorge....CX4AV ---Uruguay

5. VU2USA

VU2USA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Congratulations Jeanne.
    Also glad to see the mention of India's ISRO Chandrayan mission.
    THANK YOU

W7ASA likes this.
  6. W6SFG

W6SFG Ham Member QRZ Page

Congratulations Jeanne! It was wonderful to be able to QSO with you as you circumnavigated the globe.
    Also I say a big THANK YOU to Jim WB2REM and the 7.163 DX group for his outstanding support for Jeanne through the Website updates for his use of new technology through his station enable many other ham radio operators worldwide to both hear and QSO with Jeanne.

7. SV1GRN

SV1GRN Ham Member QRZ Page

Congrats Jeanne glad you made it back to Victoria 73

8. VE7YTB

VE7YTB Ham Member QRZ Page

Jeanne, VEOJS, was almost my first two QSO's with a freshly minted licence, a Butternut HF9V and a FT990. I will always remember how exciting it was when she answered. She was a great inspiration to the candidates at BCFerries that were studying for their meteorology exam. We followed her weather and discussed her track as she negotiated the highs and lows. The radio room on the SeaHorse is a little too quiet now....

9. KE0MAD

KE0MAD Ham Member QRZ Page

I was only able to make a contact with her one time but it was really an honor and I also enjoyed tracking her progress through her journey.

10. KC3SWL

KC3SWL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I tried once or twice for a contact but wasn't heard very well if at all. However, I did get to hear her a number of times throughout the trip and lots of people got a chance to contact her. Sometimes conditions were pitiful and I wasn't able to make her out but did hear others talking to her. That's an accomplishment what she did.