ad: ProAudio-1

Amateur Radio Newsline™ Report 1815 – May 25 2012

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by WA6ITF, May 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
  1. N6KZB

N6KZB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Great effort. Keep up the good work.

2. KB5TJI

KB5TJI Ham Member QRZ Page

Bill and Newsline team. I always appreciate each and every edition of Newsline. Keep up the wonderful work!
    73-Marvin KB5TJI

3. TA2RX

TA2RX Ham Member QRZ Page

The owner of the initial comment might be a little too quick in expressing his feelings but I am surprised noone has asked the fundamental question "why?"

I do not think anyone has got ANY doubts about the value of ARNL nor the efforts the team has been putting into it. To the contrary, the initial comment IMHO was protesting, in a cynical way, the fact that there was no ARNL last week (it is something I look for every week, too), and that the current issue kept telling people to go and listen to the audio, instead of presenting it in written form, as one other commentator had also complained about.

No doubt, some people will claim that ARNL is for listening, not reading, as some people have already put forward. This may be true for broadcasting it live on the air for the first time. BUT if this is the sole purpose, why take the trouble to transcribe and put it on the internet all this time? The team could have put a sound record of the actual broadcast and that would be it.

I can see that because there was no issue last week, there were just too many items to transcribe in this week's issue. If this was actually the case, I would expect the team to drop a line commenting about its reason. Like many others, I, too, prefer to read, rather than listen to ARNL (and that is why I found the current issue boring, too). What is more, I know at least a few people, whose English is not proficient enough to listen to it live, but who can get an idea about the content, using sites like google translate, when they are desperate.

At this point, some people may claim ARNL is for Americans only. To those, I would like to remind that neither amateur radio, nor the internet has got any boundaries.

4. WA8LGM

WA8LGM Ham Member QRZ Page

Read Amateur Radio News Line every week. Would miss it if it were gone. Yes, for those who knew him, Steve will be missed. My condolences 73.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.