ad: elecraft

Alpha 9500 Software

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by KD6BZN, Dec 25, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. KD6BZN

KD6BZN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I wrote software to fit my needs in the shack but they may be of use for others.

Software/License is free; However, I won't turn down any PayPal donations either.

The installation is NOT typical, so please follow the directions.

What it does:
    Links Ham Radio Deluxe OR N1MM to the Alpha 9500 Amplifier.​

When Using HRD (Seems to work with a variety of radios)
    Presets the amplifier to the radio's frequency setting when tuning around the bands.
    Presets the drive power (percentage of drive power) for each band segment.
    When Using N1MM (Should work with all radios)
    Presets the amplifier to the radio's frequency setting when tuning around the bands.
    When using only an Icom radio (only tested with IC-7600 and IC-7410)
    Presets the drive power (percentage of drive power) for each band segment.
    For remote stations, the software can run at the radio site, then use Windows Remote Desktop or similar software to establish a connection over the Internet/Ethernet to manipulate or monitor the amplifier.

All of the Alpha 9500 panel buttons and indicators are instrumented in the software.

The software supplies other data and graphs:
    [​IMG]

There is scant documentation, but if you have questions, I'll answer back when I get a moment.

Contact Info listed here: https://www.qrz.com/db/kd6bzn

Dave KD6BZN

2. WB4OZM

WB4OZM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hola Dave,
    Will this software work for the Alpha 8100?
    thx 73

3. KD6BZN

KD6BZN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

It will not work. Both amplifiers use a message with the APA00 prefix, but the content is not identical and will likely not decode the message. APA01 messages contain the amp status, but the software does not decode APA01 at all.

However, it's likely that a modification could be made to capture the telemetry and display it...
    Let me know if you want to work together over a month of Sundays to figure it out.

Dave