Alligator Sausage

Discussion in 'ex-Rag Chew Central' started by NC5P, May 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NC5P

NC5P Ham Member QRZ Page

I just ate alligator sausage on a po boy sandwich at the River Shack in Jefferson, another Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives place. I've never eaten it before, it was quite good. I'm down here in New Orleans area for a job interview tomorrow morning. Not sure where I will eat lunch tomorrow. My flight leaves late in the afternoon so I have some time to spare. They sure don't have very good street signs around here. Lucky I can read maps and kind of figure out where I am.

2. WN6U

WN6U Ham Member QRZ Page

Did it taste like chicken? :)
    Good luck with the interview.

3. WF7A

WF7A Subscriber QRZ Page

We wish you all the best!

Alligator sausage? I can't imagine...

4. W4KTL

W4KTL Ham Member QRZ Page

Lots of good food in LA! I think I gained 5 lbs every time I was there!

5. NZ2N

NZ2N Ham Member QRZ Page

I never in a million years thought I'd be happy to see a sign that said "Welcome to Mississippi" but that was before spending a day in Louisiana.

6. W7JZE

W7JZE QRZ Lifetime Member #84 QRZ Page

[​IMG] Neither can the alligator [​IMG].

On topic: 5P... Lotsa folks here in Zed-land sending you good vibes and wishes on this one. Go git 'EM!

7. G4ALA

G4ALA Ham Member QRZ Page

By coincidence, last night, in a a British Channel 4 TV program concerned with Dinosaur Extinction Survivors, the presenter ate a salt water crocodile kebab (up to 7+ metres long in Northern Australia).
    When asked what it tastes like, he thought for a moment and declared it was like pork.

I wonder if the salt water crocodile tasts differently from other crocodilians?

John G4ALA

8. N0AZZ

N0AZZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I do like alligator tail never had sausage before but would like to try it. Wish I were there I would be eating platters of fresh oysters on the half shell/with Louisiana Hot sauce and boiled shrimp just off the boat every day and for the main course the catch of the day. I miss the Gulf Coast we used to winter in our Motor Home in the Panhandle of FL. all the way down to Key West we ate seafood most every night.

9. W4HAY

W4HAY Subscriber QRZ Page

Around here, the Food City stores offer 'gator meat the week leading up to the TN/FL football game. Tastes pretty good if you grill it like shrimp or lobster, brushing it with drawn butter and sprinkling very lightly with chili powder before placing over the coals.

10. N8CPA

N8CPA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Had me some gator fritters at Dixie Crossroads years ago. Good eatin'. Tasted like gator.

11. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

From what our PREZ says, DOG tastes pretty good too! Wish someone would come and EAT my son's pit bulls!

12. K8ERV

K8ERV Ham Member QRZ Page

I hear hear it tastes like shoes.

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

13. G0GQK

G0GQK Ham Member QRZ Page

Tom, there must be some reason why we keep getting back to back like this ! I like the quip about tasting like shoes.
    As for the lack of roadsigns,we had a TV show last week about travelling up the length of the Mississippi to its source. The taxi driver took a trip around New Orleans and lots of roadsigns have been washed away and not replaced. No money is being spent in the city and districts, its being left to rot. The gubmint didn't care before Katrina, and they care even less now. Its never going to be put into good shape, its regarded as good money after bad which the US doesn't have anyway. Hope you get the job, too humid there for me.

14. WN6U

WN6U Ham Member QRZ Page

Give them a bath in tuna juice, just before you leave for Dayton, and "forget" to feed the cats. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.