ad: Mountaingoat-1

All About Sporadic-E Propagation

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by N5HZR, Jul 15, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. VE2TH

VE2TH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes I agree with you, it really looks like this now on other bands as well.

Hi!

Thank you very much for sharing with us, this very good presentation.

Sporadic-E propagation is really the bread and butter on bands from 15 meters up to 2 meters.

I use it every year at home but particularly when portable, on those bands antennas are much smaller while they are standard lenghts.

If you want to know much more about that phenomena, you should read all the documents and huge research and works of:

Pat J Dyers WA5-IYX (SK) at: the following link:

https://www.qsl.net/pjdyer/

By the way, I'm one of the few who has the ARRL WAS, # 1280, mixed CW/SSB on six meters But I still need Rhode Island only for WAS on ten meters!!!! 49/50.-
    On 15 meters I still need: Indiana, Rhode Island, and Vermont. for WAS, So I really need short skip Sporadic E, to achieve it for WAS.

Over the years I got Alaska on six meters, with "Aurora Es" propagation, and with the same mode I got Yukon, VY1, N.W.T, VE8, and Nunavut VY0.-

One of these day, I should share my statistics of 55 years of activities on those bands.

I wish you a very good Es season to all,

72/73 Mike VE2TH

KA0HCP and KX1MAD like this.
  2. K5CKS/SK2023

K5CKS/SK2023 Ham Member QRZ Page

We have had an outstanding season this year on 6M. From Western Arkansas I have worked both coasts and much of the central states. Much to my surprise I have worked Spain, the Canary Islands and Portugal... twice! I have two states left for my 6M WAS. Yup... Alaska and Hawaii. I have heard Hawaii but did not make the QSO... yet.
    Rory, K5CKS

N5HZR likes this.
  3. KM4DYX

KM4DYX Ham Member QRZ Page

In another thread I was asking for comments about my ability to hear 20 Meter NCDXF beacon 4U1UN (New York) at my QTH in central NC, a distance of 470 miles. Someone suggested sporadic E. It's booming today, solid 589 and I can copy the 100 mw dash.

N5HZR likes this.
  4. WB0AGU

WB0AGU Ham Member QRZ Page

5. WB0AGU

WB0AGU Ham Member QRZ Page

I AGREE...SPORADIC E VERY POOR HERE THIS YEAR 6 METERS HAS GONE FT8....VERY LITTLE SSB ANYMORE

6. M0YRX

M0YRX Ham Member QRZ Page

Sporadic E on 10m SSB has been much better than last year here in the UK with much more multi hop stuff , even now in August every single day so far I have recorded 10m SSB propagation outside of the UK and the last three days have been a match for any since the season began here on the 24th April. E's were so strong today we were holding a backscatter net at one point beaming over to Europe and later due North but still working stations from all over UK , Kuwait was also worked by some and even Iceland . A fun day