ALERT: RESPECTED HAM IS A SCAMMER.

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by WA6VES, Mar 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. KC9YCT

KC9YCT Ham Member QRZ Page

Central Indiana is now well aware of this situation! If I were in his shoes, I might elect to avoid wide coverage machines, Ham Fests, and the commission dropping in to say howdy at future v.e. sessions! I now have audio of him gleefully stating that a new h.f. set, dual band antenna, and other goodies may soon be purchased. V.E. session or two have a few of us scratching our heads. He also stated that he is coming into some ''loot'' for his desired new toys. Again, the words are his and he is on the open airways as my audio file is witness. WA6VES did nothing to deserve this, and WJ9E is an embarrassment to Amateurs in Indiana. HE IS capable of making payments as VES has graciously offered. One last thing. He invokes the name of God in the form of ''God Bless'' in his q.s.o's. regularly. Remember the lyrics to the song ''One Tin Soldier''? ...73...KC9YCT

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
  2. WA6VES

WA6VES XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks for your help.

73's

Gary

KC9YCT likes this.
  3. W3FHT

W3FHT Ham Member QRZ Page

It probably is.:D

WB4IVF likes this.
  4. WA6VES

5. WA6VES

I want to thank the Amateur Radio Community in Indiana for attempted to recover the $900 plus refund on another in ham in the same state that ripped me off.

6. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

He seems to hang out on 20M. I heard him recently using a remote in GA.

7. WA6VES

Thanks to all of the Amateur Radio Community of Indiana for their assistance with reference to the scammer, WJ9E from Rushville, In.
    who ripped me off for over $900.00. I given up trying to recover the money so you will not hear from me again on this subject.

8. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

9. KB9GHN

KB9GHN Ham Member QRZ Page

Wj9e heard today asking a fellow ham to borrow an HF rig and power supply because he has fallen on hard times and no way to get on HF....bull

KC9YCT likes this.
  10. KD8ZWI

KD8ZWI Ham Member QRZ Page

I have seen these types of posts a lot, and frankly I do not understand them. I have purchased many radio's used from fellow HAM's. Yes, some of them rather expensive. I truly believe that the people who are being scammed are 99% of the time at fault for being a victim. Don't be a victim, do your homework. Call the seller. Look at the photo's. Get a "feel" for the deal! I have had several occasions where I have started the purchase process with a seller, only to dump the deal because I perceived a red flag. Have I ever dumped a purchase from what would have likely been a real deal? Probably, but then again I have never been scammed. Have I saved myself from being scammed because I dumped the deal where I perceived red flags? I am confident that I have. Once you get ONE red flag, simply walk away. Don't let your greed get between you and your hard earned money. Feel it out, watch for the flags, politely dump the deal if even one little thing causes you to pause. I am not superhuman, I do not have special abilities - but if can "smell" something is not right with the deal - then I pull the plug and walk away. If you are buying used - you must always be prepared to loose out on the deal. If you are not willing to loose out on the deal, simply go purchase new gear. Sure it will cost you 10-20% more, but then again you are more assured you will get the product you want. "A fool and his money are soon departed"... Don't be foolish with your money, and don't risk that which you are not willing to loose. Blame yourself, analyze where you went wrong... take responsibility and learn from your mistake. Make adjustments that work for you and move forward. I do realize this sounds harsh, but think about this - if there were not victims, there would be no scammers!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.