ad: portazero-1

ALERT: RESPECTED HAM IS A SCAMMER.

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by WA6VES, Mar 6, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. N9LCD

N9LCD Ham Member QRZ Page

W9RAC:

Forget about Small Claims Court in cases like this. First, there's court costs; in 9-land that runs about $200 just to file your suit. Then you have to SERVE your defendant with the required documents; since there's a difference in the places of residence, you'd have to hire someone to serve the papers and to document that they've been served.

Supposing the defendant doesn't show-up in court and you get a default judgment. THEN YOU HAVE TO COLLECT THAT JUDGMENT. That means hiring somebody to record your judgment; find your defendant; find his assets -- if he has any; seize those assets; and convert them to cash.

In a case like this you can easily SPEND FIVE DOLLARS FOR EACH DOLLAR YOU COLLECT.

IF HE HAS ANY TO COLLECT!

K4AGO likes this.
  2. WA6VES

WA6VES XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Good advice N9LCD.... I made the mistake of sending $950.00 to the ham scammer via Western Union. The seller appeared to be honest due to the fact, he advertised on QRZ, held a Extra Class license and was a Volunteer Examiner. I got burned and I guess there is a lesson to be learnt. $950.00 is a lot of money but I will recover. I am through buying amateur radio equipment and will just keep the old BOAT ANCHORS I own))). Thanks!!!

3. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

There’s a pinned thread at the top of this forum regarding Western Union. This is what happens when you don’t do your own due diligence. He used multiple phone numbers in his ads and photos are of poor quality. Look up K9JAL. DUE DILIGENCE!!!

Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
    KC9YCT likes this.
  4. KA2FIR

He’s using burner cellphones.

KC9YCT likes this.
  5. WA6VES

WA6VES XML Subscriber QRZ Page

FOLLOW HAMS........I have filed a FRAUD COMPLAINT with the FTC over the funds I send via WU to a Ham Scammer that is listed above. Perhaps I will be able to recover some of the $950.00. I will keep you posted)))))

6. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

If it was a postal MO you may get some help from The United States Postal Inspection Service .

7. WB0MPB

WB0MPB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I have been studying this thread really close and trying to understand it. I somehow am missing where does K9JAL fit in this??
    I am sorry if it is plain as day but I am missing something. Can you or anyone help me?
    Thanks, John, WB0MPB

8. WB0MPB

Have you checked it out and have proof you are dealing with the real WJ9E
    With all that I have been getting out of reading the thread over and over trying to understand it is that you are dealing with some person using the call of WJ9E to scam. And you contradicted yourself. In post #1 you said you sent out a money order. And in post #12 you said you paid him through Western Union. So I think you seem to be confused about what you did and if you indeed sent money via Western Union that is a very very big red flag and that flag alone should have told you right at first that you were dealing with a scammer and not
    WJ9E
    Michael D Elder
    815 E 11th St
    Rushville, IN 46173
    Did you contact the WJ9E at the email listed on his QRZ page to see if he was the one you were really dealing with. So from all the facts I read in this thread your money is gone to the scammer and you, @WA6VES are not getting it back. Sorry. I am not trying to put you down WA6VES. I am just following the facts the best I can from this thread. And unless you know 100% that you were dealing with the real WJ9E, Michael D Elder from Rushville, IN I would not be saying he is a bad man and is a scammer. Have you to this date contacted WJ9E, Michael D Elder via his email listed on QRZ? Just be careful blaming people unless you really know it is them. You could cause a lot of damage to Michael Elder's reputation.
    So that is my opinion. If I have missed something please let me know.
    John, WB0MPB

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
    K4AGO likes this.
  9. WB0MPB

As I said just be careful who you list in a lawsuit if you are not sure whom is really the scammer.
    John, WB0MPB

10. KA2FIR

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
    KC9YCT likes this.