ad: elecraft

AL-811 Unknown mod help

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Amplifiers' started by KE8CPD, Jun 26, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
  1. N8FVJ

N8FVJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Try it now.

2. N6UH

N6UH Ham Member QRZ Page

Well that's weird, I just tried it twice and it's still not showing!

3. N8FVJ

I see it. I will contact the site administration. Are you clicking on information?

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
  4. N8FVJ

I cannot find any Russian G811 losing vacuum on the internet. Cannot find any 572B either that lost vacuum. Unlike the Elmac 3-500Z that is known to lose vacuum, the wires going into the G811 and other 811A or 572B tubes are very well sealed. If one buys a depleted vacuum G811 tube on ebay, seller wound send a replacement. The later G811 tubes have a titanium ring on the plate that continuously keeps the vacuum within specifications unlike a getter flash that is a one time vacuum increase. High power transmitting tubes do not have a getter flash as they are evacuated to a very high vacuum during the building process.

5. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

There is no "information" to click on in the public bio pages. I think you're looking in the wrong place, at info only you can see.

Typing your callsign into the "CALLSIGN LOOKUP" which then displays what the public can see, there's no bio information:
    n8fvj bio page.PNG

6. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

Wrong again as usual.
    The basic info is open and free to anyone for any reason including locating family and friends which I have done several times. In order to dig deeper costs money and even so the reasons are many that do not include criminal info.
    Try to learn things before spraying more dreck around.

7. N8FVJ

Carl, for any reason who does a background check on posters on the ham sites? Are you kidding?

BTW- post the G811 vacuum loss info & reliability issues you so admittedly posted. I do not believe you personally experienced it as the G811 are being used in your modulator. You did not state the tubes failed.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
  8. N8FVJ

I am not adding BIO info on my call sign look up even if that is possible. I added it to my QRZ registered info.

9. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

How many times do you have to repeat it? Learn to read what I posted a few times until it sinks in.
    https://www.eham.net/ehamforum/smf/index.php/topic,109234.30.html
    https://www.eham.net/ehamforum/smf/index.php?topic=107643.0

So much for your precious RCA 811A's
    https://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/1238

And one of my own posted quotes:
    In the 80's Ryazan G-811 quality was inconsistent and some of that is now showing up on the surplus market since the Russian military is no longer using them. Svetlana added a fiber support under the plate cap to preclude seal damage (can you understand that simple step or going to continue?) at the same time they rebased them for horizontal use.

I was here testing them in the late 80's for Svetlana USA which was just starting to market their tubes here...what were you doing?? I still have a pair running fine as modulators in a Clegg Zeus.

Once you have acquired as much tube experience (particularly the 811 and 572 family) as myself and many others then you MAY be qualified to speak. Currently you are just a distraction.

10. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Of course it's possible.

A lot of people add ten pages of stuff including lots of photographs there.