AISAT launch Apr 1

Discussion in 'Satellite and Space Communications' started by KC9SGV, Mar 31, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: DLSpec-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. KE6BLR

KE6BLR Ham Member QRZ Page

https://www.exseedspace.com/exseed-sat-2

Apparently, the Digipeater was delivered on short notice (6 days). So, these guys may deserve a break. And, this may explain why the end to end testing of AX.25 packets was limited.

2. KC9SGV

KC9SGV Ham Member QRZ Page

I agree.
    Nitin says on the AMSAT NA bulletin, that two antennas are used.
    One for AIS on 160 MHz.
    One for APRS on 145 MHz.
    Apparently RF interference is no problem.
    Hopefully there are no AGC issues either.
    Not sure why the APRS payload is a little deaf then.

KE6BLR likes this.
  3. KE4AZZ

KE4AZZ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

2019-04-18 15:04:49 UTC: KE4AZZ-6>CQ,AISAT*,qAS,KE6BLR-15:`naxl .`/]"4!}Greetings de KE4AZZ 73=.{684 [Too short mic-e packet]

K3RLD likes this.
  4. K3RLD

K3RLD Ham Member QRZ Page

The packets from Aisat are definately getting stronger. I tried to work a 30deg pass this morning and my D710 bioenno battery crapped out on the very first transmit attempt. I'll try again another day.

5. K3RLD

K3RLD Ham Member QRZ Page

I just attempted to work a 20deg pass. My D710 can't seem to decode it's packets, though. And some of the packets that I heard were full quieting, full signal strength meter.

Has anybody successfully decoded an Aisat packet with an internal Kenwood TNC?

[edit]
    interesting that there are no automatic decodes for Aisat in any SatNogs observations, either. (well, there is one - but it is clearly an ISS beacon - not from Aisat).

9G5AR and KE6BLR like this.
  6. KE6BLR

AISAT does not comply with mic-e; notice the CQ in the first position of the Digipath. In the AX.25 layer this is the TO field. AISAT always places CQ in that AX.25 TO field.

One more thing, AISAT always places packet numbers at the end of each packet: both telemetry beacons and messages.

7. KE6BLR

The mic-e latitude is stored in the first position of the Digipath. The mic-e longitude is stored in the beginning of the message after the single colon.

8. KE4AZZ

KE4AZZ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Made into your Dad's gate last night...,
    2019-04-19 23:10:49 CDT: KE4AZZ>CQ,AISAT*,qAR,N6DAN-1:=2702.06N/08209.93WyGreetings de KE4AZZ EL87 73

KE6BLR likes this.
  9. 9G5AR

9G5AR Ham Member QRZ Page

AiSAT was very very strong on this morning's pass.
    Much stronger than PSAT or ISS at my Qth ( even with all the local interference I have to deal with ).

However, the D72 could not decode any of the packets. The transmissions also seemed a tad longer than what I'm used to hearing.

I will try a couple more passes.

KE6BLR likes this.
  10. 9G5AR

9G5AR Ham Member QRZ Page

Missed your post prior to posting my observations. I experienced exactly what you describe above.