AISAT launch Apr 1

Discussion in 'Satellite and Space Communications' started by KC9SGV, Mar 31, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: DLSpec-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. K3RLD

K3RLD Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, of course. My response is to what your "some" means? You make it sound as if AMSAT couldn't give a darn about AO-95. Perhaps if you just clarify that statement.

2. 9G5AR

9G5AR Ham Member QRZ Page

Most are in this hobby for joy of it.
    Although "Amateur" is a part of the name, there are in fact " professionals " in the mix.

Many have had a working life of designing, building and maintaining communication systems.
    with a deep understanding of how it feels when stuff does not work..... and are driven to get it right .

When it does work as expected, it's great!

:)

3. K3RLD

K3RLD Ham Member QRZ Page

Ok.

In other news - I just attempted a 25deg pass of Aisat (50w and arrow). No packets decoded, and it appears that I was not digipeated at all. There was some activity that sounded like digipeats, as they were not within the typical beacon timing.

I'm going to call it on this one.

4. KD0KZE

KD0KZE Ham Member QRZ Page

I decoded a station from AISAT a day or so ago. I'm not in my shack presently, so don't have access to the details now. Does ariss.net report on AISAT activity, or is there a better online source for seeing gated traffic? I'm not sure whether my i-gate successfully reported on it -- but did not see it on ariss.net yesterday.

I note that AISAT TLE's got added to GPredict, so have added it to my regular tracking. The orbits look much more "vertical" than ISS or PSAT -- expect descending passes fairly close to N-S azimuth (at my QTH in the US Midwest anyway).

73, KD0KZE / Paul

5. WD9EWK

WD9EWK Ham Member QRZ Page

You will probably have to search on aprs.fi for AISAT traffic. The ariss.net web site filters APRS traffic, showing only those with RS0ISS as a call sign (or part of a call sign, if RS0ISS has an SSID after it) in the packet paths. AISAT is using a different call sign for its retransmitted packets.

73!

6. KD0KZE

Correction -- it's a weird S-N ascending pass, like it's orbiting in reverse. I just tried to work a pass from about 21:31 - 21:40 CDT or so, and only heard partial packets. No decodes. Tried both ARISS and AISAT for path.

73, KD0KZE / Paul

7. KE6BLR

KE6BLR Ham Member QRZ Page

8. KE6BLR

http://www.spacecommunicator.club/igates/

This report combines ISS + pSat + pcSat + AISAT activity. Apparently, only W0ARP (Colorado) and N6DAN (Southern California) are able to iGate the AISAT at this time.

73s

KD0KZE and KA2CZU like this.
  9. KD0KZE

Great -- thanks for the source! Some of the packets I heard seemed just beyond dB strength of my Comet GP-3 vertical, and I'm fairly confident that I might have decoded with my Arrow II + TH-D72. In the summer months, I can set up with a laptop+wifi on my patio and turn that into a temporary i-gate setup. Unfortunately, we got a significant winter storm here last night, a so-called 'bomb cyclone' so that sort of activity is still on hiatus.

73, KD0KZE / Paul

KE6BLR likes this.
  10. KE6BLR