ad: Radclub22-1

Ailunce HD1 Dual Band DMR Amateur Radio

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by BH6PJL, Aug 10, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. KE1L

KE1L Ham Member QRZ Page

Just like all the American manufacturers making other models of handheld radio. In other words, none.

Motorola Solutions, the company that makes the Motorola two way radios, is based in Chicago, but they don't manufacture any radios in the US. Connect Systems is a California company but their radios are built in China. Hytera is based in Shenzhen, China. Alinco, Icom, Kenwood, and Yaesu are all based in Japan but mostly manufacture their radios in other Southeast Asia countries. Baofeng/Pofung, Retevis/Ailunce, TYT/Tytera, and Wouxun are all China-based companies.

The only mainstream US-based company that is making amateur radio equipment is Elecraft. They don't make handhelds. Ten-Tec might revive (they don't currently appear to be manufacturing anything) but they never made handheld radios in the US. There are a number of smaller niche companies, but they're not likely to make a handheld. Nobody has made handhelds in the US for a long time.

JZ11PWS likes this.
  2. JZ11PWS

JZ11PWS QRZ Member

Yes.. Chinese made are very cheap and have dynamic improvement, I'm also using Baoefeng products for many years, it did good and enough power. Seems that Chinese win that cost advantage..

3. IW2BSF

IW2BSF Ham Member QRZ Page

NOT so good the china radio .... a very good alternative at very nice LOW price the very good radio the Radiodditty GD-77 ( made by TYT Tytera ! ) at "only" 76 euro ! a Dualbander DMR radio.

From the collegue Massimiliano the recent BUG on the Ailunce HD-1 :

Updated the Bug report

BUG FW 1.40 & 1.44 - The Missed List message is shown continuosly every time there is a timeout during a DMR conversation. This type of behaviour causes alterations in the reception-transmission flow, preventing a normal conversation. In some cases the message blocks the device (Keypad lock) and to return to normal use it is necessaryto turn the HD1 off and on again. Usually the list of missed calls is updated in case of a dedicated call and not a group call, in any case you could update a list but without disturbing the normal operation of the device (no missed list message).

BUG Up to CPS 1.68 - In digital mode it is possible to set the TX authority = Prohibit TX (that is RX only).
    In analog mode this is not possible (no RX only) : TX authority = TX admit or Channel free

best 73 de IW2BSF - Rudy

4. AB1KR

AB1KR Ham Member QRZ Page

Just got mine with thee GPS option. GPS appears to work just fine. It sometimes takes a few seconds to lock on to the satellite but appears to be accurate. I can't figure out what to do with (or how to get at) the "VFO B" option, but I've had it for all of 12 hours now..

5. KK6ZOE

KK6ZOE Ham Member QRZ Page

I copied the TG, CC, and zone settings in a working DMR (a CS750) to help me write a code plug for my new HD-1. I'm strongly suspect that there is a setting that I have not configured correctly that prevents me from transmitting on the HD-1. Via Promiscuous mode, I can clearly hear conversations going on when they are being broadcast over the local repeater. At the same time, I don't hear my recorded voice being played back while running Parrot. Do I have the Parrot TG number set incorrectly in Priority Contacts? I've seen it shown on websites as either 9990 or 9998.

In addition, what do the Channel Work Alone and Relay boxes do on the Channel Information screen? I haven't found an explanation for their function on any of the web pages published by Retevis. Also, when I'm twirling the knob to scroll through the FM channels that I have set up on the HD-1, is there a way to configure the radio so that I don't have to press and hold the Secondary side button to hear the audio while it's being broadcast?

6. KK6ZOE

KK6ZOE Ham Member QRZ Page

I have reached out to Retevis to verify whether the mic on my HD-1 is defective.