ad: Schulman-1

After initial migration new old logbook entries are not migrating to the new one

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by KB1ZVT, Jan 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
  1. K6RWM

K6RWM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Correction on that Alex, I am only short about 17 contacts. I will use V2 and just manually enter those contacts as I get time. I know you are swamped -- good luck and thanks again for all you do at QRZ.

73 -- Bob, K6RWM

2. K2MIJ

K2MIJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Ok this is really getting kind of lame...I had migrated to the new logbook and started logging in it then for 2 days I kept getting error messages telling me I had no contacts in the book so I went back to logging via the old book as it was the only thing available....Now today I go to add to the book and get a message telling me the old book is now closed and to use the the new book! Great! so now I have 3 pages or more of logging that is stuck in the old book and now not in the new book....so are you telling me I have to retype all these entries into the new book manually?

This whole thing is an a total headache, I don't understand why it couldn't have just been left alone! If it ain't broke don't fix it! LoTW has already been invented...

de K2MIJ

3. N0AMT

N0AMT Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Change is not always a bad thing. This is logbook, although it has similarities, is very different from LoTW. I understand you are frustrated, but we made it clear that V1 would be turned off.

I apologize for the bumps in the road with V2, but those have been fixed. I can delete your V2 logbook and you can re-migrate, BUT that means anything that you have entered into V2 and NOT into V1 would be lost. If your V1 logbook contains everything that your V2 logbook contains plus some, it's an easy solution.

As I said in the thread above this one, I will look into a solution for those of you who bounced back and forth between V1 and V2 and now have logs stuck in V1.

4. K2MIJ

K2MIJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Alex, I apologize if my frustration came off a bit to strong...Didn't mean it to be that way but yes, this has been very frustrating...I understood that v1 was going to be turned off but it might not have been such a shock had we been notified of the exact turn off date...

I am pretty sure after migrating the first time I did do a back and forth and logged everything in both logs up until the time of my new logbook displaying the error notice that it contained "no records" it was at that point I just went back and logged to v1 exclusively...If I can look them both over and get back to you in a day or so I may just want to do the delete and re-migrate.

Thanks for the fast reply.
    73, Jim

5. KC5MVV

KC5MVV Ham Member QRZ Page

Well I migrated my log and it is short. How do you get the others over to the new log book. What was wrong with the old one. It worked just fine for years...

6. N0AMT

There are no doubt things we could have done better, but the last time QRZ released an entirely new application was quite some time ago. It's a learning experience for us too. The real key is that we don't ever repeat the same mistakes. Feel free to email me when/if you decide to have V2 cleared.

You had 68 QSOs. You migrated and there was one duplicate which was ignored, now you have 67 logs. You may not realize it but "it worked great for years" was the problem. V1 was never intended to last as long as it did. It was not adaptable with changing technologies, did not offer the ability to provide analysis for awards status, had no credibility due to confirmations being an "honor system", Did not provide for multiple callsigns, or previous callsigns, did not allow for shared logs (such as with a club call) and was all around a poor performer server resource wise.

You're selling V2 short based on the rocky launch. Give V2 a chance, and at least wait until our next version (2.1) which will provide support for awards and logbook analysis, before judging too harshly. I'm sure you will find it to be a better product. Different isn't necessarily bad, and I've said it before but it is just so fitting: "Perfect is the enemy of done."

As you can see I have been here on the forums answering question after question, performing fix after fix all day until early morning hours since launch. I am dedicated to getting this where it needs to be.

7. KC5MVV

KC5MVV Ham Member QRZ Page

No, I had 71. 67 were migrated. There are 3 missing. They are not on the new logbook. 1 was a duplicate which I understand. The one that is missing is VE3ECW, the other is N3VMM, the other is k1roy.

8. N0AMT

The other two QSOs, were they added to V1 AFTER you had already migrated to V2?

9. N2BTD

N2BTD Ham Member QRZ Page

Now that V1 is done and we are switched over to V2 how do I get my 25 log entries from 1/25-1/28 that were made after the switch but were still logged into V1 for some reason to go into V2 ? Are you guys working on a fix or do I have to make manual entries for those 25 entries into V2 ?

10. N0AMT

We're nearly complete with deceloping a tool to sync your QSOs orphaned in V1.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.