After initial migration new old logbook entries are not migrating to the new one

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by KB1ZVT, Jan 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. N2BTD

N2BTD Ham Member QRZ Page

I clicked Logs, and even clicked refresh but my V1 still shows 355 QSO's & V2 only shows 327. Nothing for the past week is going to V2.

2. N8DVE

N8DVE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Confused about log statements

Yesterday I noted that I had 38 entries in my new log that I had during migration. On opening my old log I noted that there were 41 entries. I confirmed the 3 new entries in the old log. When going back to the new log 38 entries were listed, but the log was not filled in - checking a few hours later it was.

Today I still only show 38 entries in the new log and 41 in the old one.

I do not understand "In V2 the logs they enter don't show up in your logbook anyway." What good is the version 2 logbook if someone else enters the QSO and it is not recorded in your logbook as in the old version?

3. N0AMT

N0AMT Ham Member QRZ Page

When you migrated you had 330 logs in V1, 3 were duplicates and ignored. The 355 means either you, or somebody else is still logging for you in V1. V1 and V2 are two separate applications and ONLY share data during migration.

What good is it? It's a logbook. YOU log your activities. When you log a QSO, and the other op adds a QSO, if they match, you both get a confirmation. This is much more a guarantee of validity than just "yeah, sure I probably worked him." and clicking the checkmark. Validity is everything when awards are the goal :)

V1 and V2 are two separate applications. If you are still logging (or someone else is still logging QSOs WITH you) in V1, they will not appear in V2.

4. N2BTD

N2BTD Ham Member QRZ Page

Alex, thanks for your response, my question is why is V1 still there if I migrated to V2 ? Like I stated in a previous post, I log into QRZ.com on my Iphone and use it to log QSO's while mobile. I usually look up a call sign first and then click Log a new QSO. I am not sure how to direct that New QSO into V2 instead of V1 which it appears to be doing. Also, how can I migrate my latest QSO's from V1 into V2 ?

5. N8DVE

N8DVE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Thank you for the response.

I am still confused. If someone else logs a contact using V1 I understand that it will not appear in V2. If someone else logs a QSO in V2 will it appear in my log book if I have not entered it?

I do not want to enter all my QSOs, but only respond to those who want confirmation.

6. N0AMT

If you have opened V2 and viewed your logs, clicking Log new contact should take you to V2. Is it not?

As for resyncing. We will be able to develop a solution after we turn V1 off.

If someone adds a log entry to their logbook in V2, it WILL NOT show up in your V2 logbook. The goal here is double blind. I'm sorry that this doesn't suit your preferences.

7. KA1KLO

KA1KLO Subscriber QRZ Page

Why do we have to have 2 logs? I'm baffled.

8. N0AMT

V1 is being turned off soon!

V2 was turned on while V1 was still turned on in order to identify shortfalls in V2 by comparison.

Now we can work to turn V1 off.

9. K6RWM

K6RWM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi Alex:

Thanks for all of your hard work on this.

I did not know that V1 would be eliminated, maybe I missed that. I too have been logging in V1 and am probably 30 contacts behind in V2, so I will have to get those migrated I guess.
    Also, a lot of us use digimodes and use JTAlert-X. There is a feature in that app that when clicked, it will take you to your contact's QRZ page and then from there I go the log new contact link. It is nice to see the op's home page prior to logging, not sure if that can be enabled in V2 or not, or is this something Laurie, VK3AMA, will have to modify. A slight change I know, but us old guys are creatures of habit.

Thanks again es 73.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
  10. K6RWM

K6RWM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi Alex:

Ok, V1 is now off but my V2 is short about 80 contacts. How do I fix this? I was not asked to remigrate; I logged off and then back on and it remains the same showing my latest contact a few days ago.

Thanks and 73.

Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.